Kodak vs Fuji

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone have any experience in pushing ether colour plus 200 or c200 to 800? Want to pick a colour film to shoot the majority of the time and I sometimes like to use it low light

I think id look at a 400 speed film as a general all round option, can always rate it at 200 anyway and gives a bit more room to move

I haven't deliberately pushed Fujicolor C200 but I do have lots of underexposed shots which look awful ...

I have noticed that the descriptions of the "cheaper" (well, relatively) films often use phrases along the lines of "works well in good light". Well you would hope it would so perhaps it's more significant what they don't say, ie it doesn't work well in poor light ...

I suspect that push-ability is one characteristic that you have to pay more for. Portra 400 will provide the flexibility you need, but with a price penalty.

Well I found all the common 200\400 ISO films are good for low light and night time (well some light)..if you use a tripod. Could bore you with shots for examples.
Waiting to send off my Tesco 400 ISO films o_O and Vista200 ISO film taken of the moon and fireworks (using a tripod)...erm should be interesting and will post if any good.

Well I found all the common 200\400 ISO films are good for low light and night time (well some light)..if you use a tripod. Could bore you with shots for examples.
Waiting to send off my Tesco 400 ISO films o_O and Vista200 ISO film taken of the moon and fireworks (using a tripod)...erm should be interesting and will post if any good.
Just thought:- if a tripod is inconvenient (for low light) then maybe a monopod would be better than nothing.....to reduce camera shake.

No experience of it, but a quick Google throws up plenty of results: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fuji+c200+pushed+to+800&oq=fuji+c200+pushed

It looks grainy as all hell, so a 400 speed may be a better option.

I'd also try a roll of Kodak Vision 3 500T for low light. If you like it, bulk loading works out at something like £2.50 a roll.

http://www.twinlenslife.com/2010/12/in-bleak-midwinter-new-kodak-portra400.html
Don’t you have to do a special process to vision 3?

I’m surprised people say it looks awful,https://www.flickr.com/photos/kaster-petsai/34640861284 that’s at 800 and I think it looks pretty cool

Because it ordinarily results in shifted/muddy colours and limited shadow detail. This might suit certain subjects, but certainly not others.

I generally try to overexpose daylight-balanced film in artificial, mixed lighting conditions, not underexpose, in order it to preserve the colours. Often I will use a 80b filter too.

Does anyone have any experience in pushing ether colour plus 200 or c200 to 800? Want to pick a colour film to shoot the majority of the time and I sometimes like to use it low light

Ultimately, you’ll probably need to shoot and push these yourself and see what you think of the results. If you’re happy who cares what we think.

Don’t you have to do a special process to vision 3?

Technically, yes as it’s an ECN2 film. But if you scan and print you can colour correct it when cross processed in C41 chemicals quite easily with something like Lightroom. Alternatively, process it with RA4 developer as that’s quite close to it’s native developer.

In both cases you’ll need to process it yourself because it has a remjet layer which commercial processors won’t deal with. It’s very easy to remove yourself. Have a quick look on YouTube.

Back