Lack of Portra 400 in 120

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
As previously mentioned, if someone needs Portra 400 in a hurry I have big bag of frozen since purchase 120 rolls. I can check the expiry dates, but I can assure you it's not been defrosted since it arrived!

That's a very kind offer of you, thank you, but I have decided to get rid of the last couple of rolls I have left of Portra (my friend Ian has taken them off me) and going to order some Fuji Pro400H later this evening or tomorrow. :)
No problem Gareth, hope the shoot goes well and I look forward to seeing the results from the Fuji film.

No problem Gareth, hope the shoot goes well and I look forward to seeing the results from the Fuji film.

Thanks, although just been on the main two sites I use this morning and guess what? Out of stock! Good grief!

Got a refund from Calumet for the outstanding Portra. They have no Fuji in stock either. Doesn't appear to be going well this!

Last edited:
It looks like Process Supplies have some http://www.processuk.net/PRO_400H_120_5-Pack/p740597_3426717.aspx at least it doesn't say it's out of stock so probably worth a call. It also says it has Portra 400 I stock but only single rolls, packs of 5 showing out of stock.

Thank you. Just spoke to Calumet as there were suddenly listing 400H after showing no stock this morning. My Portra back order has been credited back to me and ordered 7 boxes of 400h! Just need some 35mm the same now. [emoji4]

Ten rolls just arrived from 7dayshop but they are out of stock again. I paid £23.99 per five-pack including delivery but today the price is £24.99, which still seems to be relatively cheap without the "scarcity cost" other suppliers are adding.

Hope you like it then, Gareth!

Have a couple away for developing shot in not ideal conditions so not sure it's going to be a good guide on whether I like it or not.

I have like 30 rolls of 120 to go at!

Actually, just remembered that I have a roll shot in Savannah, GA away too so that will be better I think!

H'mm browsing around looking for 120 and best prices and coming to the conclusion:- what the use in using 120 film when you can't buy the dam stuff :rolleyes: anyway Calumet looks cheapest for Ektar at £20 for pickup if they get it in stock h'mm and it's the same price.
If anybody wants Ektar at the meet in the Peak I could buy extra at the same time.

Last edited:
H'mm browsing around looking for 120 and best prices and coming to the conclusion:- what the use in using 120 film when you can't buy the dam stuff :rolleyes: anyway Calumet looks cheapest for Ektar at £20 for pickup if they get it in stock h'mm and it's the same price.
If anybody wants Ektar at the meet in the Peak I could buy extra at the same time.
Brian if you want some stuff picked up from Calumet just let me know, I work in central London quite often so can always drop in and collect and bring it to the Peaks.
Also, if anybody else wants stuff collected from Calumet or Process Supplies just let me know.

Brian if you want some stuff picked up from Calumet just let me know, I work in central London quite often so can always drop in and collect and bring it to the Peaks.
Also, if anybody else wants stuff collected from Calumet or Process Supplies just let me know.

Thanks Nick that would be great but unless stocks become stable it would have to be timed right (for stuff for yourself and maybe others) as you would be going back and forth like a fiddlers elbow..... they don't have any stock of Ektar ATM but Portra 160 is in but Portra 400 ain't :rolleyes:
I can get Agfa Vista if anybody can't get it.....and maybe in the Peak thread we can organise freebies (only at\for the meet) as I've got some gear I'll never use.

Last edited:
and maybe in the Peak thread we can organise freebies (only at\for the meet) as I've got some gear I'll never use.

Freebie???.........prismed RB67 ???..........for me Brian???

You're my BEST friend ever! :D:D:D

Freebie???.........prismed RB67 ???..........for me Brian???

You're my BEST friend ever! :D:D:D

For you Asha I have a baseball cap and old cycle helmet :D

Last edited:
Finally got my Portra 400 from Calumet...ordered 2 months ago. Wasn't in a great rush though, so no complaints...I knew it was out of stock when I ordered it.

Looks like the supplies of Portra 400 have dried up again. A lot of places are either out of stock or have jacked up the price, I assume due to lack of supply.

I think I paid £25 for a five pack of 120 when I bought the last lot from 7dayshop. The thing is, Ektar and Tri-X seem to be even cheaper than before, so not sure if it's an exchange rate thing. I guess they could just be selling off old stock and will be whacking the price up when the next batch comes through. It may be time to 'invest' [emoji3]

Finally got my Portra 400 from Calumet...ordered 2 months ago. Wasn't in a great rush though, so no complaints...I knew it was out of stock when I ordered it.

Did you get it at the cheapest price in the UK:- price promise by Calumet https://www.calphoto.co.uk/reasons-to-shop/price-promise?foot=ss6
Looking at prices I would like to know why anyone would buy 35mm Portra 800 ISO at £15 a roll, surely a pro would use a digi camera and\or film MF for slower speeds.

Last edited:
Anyone know who makes the normal 120 Lomography colour film? Wondering about a 3 pack of colour as it's a relatively reasonable price. They have portra 400 at £5 a roll, XP2 at £4 as well. All 120. That's me stocked up for a while.

I've just found I have 2 rolls of portra 400 in 120. I should sell them to the highest bidder and pay off my mortgage :D

Last edited:
I still have 4 rolls of 120 Portra 800 in the fridge, and after reading this thread I'm wondering if I should fit a padlock to the door! :D Lovely stuff though. :)

Last edited:
Did you get it at the cheapest price in the UK:- price promise by Calumet https://www.calphoto.co.uk/reasons-to-shop/price-promise?foot=ss6
Looking at prices I would like to know why anyone would buy 35mm Portra 800 ISO at £15 a roll, surely a pro would use a digi camera and\or film MF for slower speeds.

Because Portra 800 is beautiful!! Unfortunately it is a bit pricey for me to buy in 35mm now, but I have shot a couple roll sin the past. Just love it. A lot of professional photographers still shoot exclusively on film.

I've shot 120 Portra 800 in beautiful evening sunlight because it gave the look I was after. Could have easily used 100 speed film.

I still have 4 rolls of 120 Portra 800 in the fridge, and after reading this thread I'm wondering if I should fit a padlock to the door! :D Lovely stuff though. :)

I have 7 rolls of Portra 800 120 left but gonna shoot a few of those this coming Friday all being well. :)

I think I paid £25 for a five pack of 120 when I bought the last lot from 7dayshop. The thing is, Ektar and Tri-X seem to be even cheaper than before, so not sure if it's an exchange rate thing. I guess they could just be selling off old stock and will be whacking the price up when the next batch comes through. It may be time to 'invest' [emoji3]

Their prices seem to be fluctuating quite a bit, as I paid £21.49 including delivery for a box of Portra 400 in 120 format just two weeks ago from 7dayshop. I think the pricing is largely linked to availability and demand.

If we were only looking at prices, why would we even use digital SLRs when we could just use the phones in our pockets?

It's all about doing what you need to get the look you are after. If £1 film suits you, great. It doesn't necessarily suit others, however. For me, it's cheaper to shoot a £10 roll of Portra 800 as I don't own a digital camera and don't plan to either.

I don't own a digital camera and don't plan to either.

I own two and I only pick them up for weddings. Absolutely no desire to use them for anything personal.

If I could go 100% film weddings, I'd sell them.

It's all about doing what you need to get the look you are after. If £1 film suits you, great. It doesn't necessarily suit others, however. For me, it's cheaper to shoot a £10 roll of Portra 800 as I don't own a digital camera and don't plan to either.

Well all I have a digi compact that's not even worth 5p......but interesting to know on this forum who actually pays £15 per roll and what\why they use it (for), I know some guys here who would use a digi for club shots and similar when you can't use flash.

Last edited:
a month more like...:p

I'm not being completely honest, finance is always a consideration but my true position is that if I have no film, I won't be shooting anything.
A digital camera is not an option anymore than a fridge freezer is.
This is the mentality your dealing with Brian :ROFLMAO: when you start with the cost of things, the cost is irrelevant when there is no other option, in that it doesn't so much choose whether you shoot digital or film, it chooses whether you shoot at all.

a month more like...:p

I'm not being completely honest, finance is always a consideration but my true position is that if I have no film, I won't be shooting anything.
A digital camera is not an option anymore than a fridge freezer is.
This is the mentality your dealing with Brian :ROFLMAO: when you start with the cost of things, the cost is irrelevant when there is no other option, in that it doesn't so much choose whether you shoot digital or film, it chooses whether you shoot at all.

Well I would say I'm not the only one here interested in costs.......so if a newbie wants to shoot film at a high ISO do you suggest colour at £15 a roll or much cheaper B\W...h'mm that Agfa Vista 400 (Superia 400) that was going for a £1 could have been pushed a stop..now that's my kind of pricing (y)

Back