Lake District Weekend Meet

Oh my, this one just spoke to me as soon as I saw it. Something about the sharpness of the rocks versus the indistinct, almost painting-like background. It reminds me of an illustrating photograph you might get from a book in the 1920s or 30s, for some reason I can't put my finger on. Really, really nice, Steve.

(Just realised the other thing my eye was drawn to - that cloud on the right is every so slightly in front of the hill. It really pulls it into spatial context as a focal point, rather than background)

Thanks again Keith, Its funny how people can sometimes see something in a photo that the photographer didn't or didn't intend. This was another slightly voiceless shot but I guess sometimes one can get luck.

Last lot from me, promise.

First the rainbow from Moss Force, did we work out if this effect has a name. Flickr has done terrible things to this one, it was a heavy crop and its been sharpened compressed.
b&w Rainbow by Steven, on Flickr

A couple from Buttermere
Buttermere reflections by Steven, on Flickr

Buttermere Relections by Steven, on Flickr

And finally the afternoon at Derwent, I was trying to expose for the sky but the hills seem to have retained quite a lot of detail.
Derwent Water by Steven, on Flickr

All shot on FP4+ through the RB67 and souped in Obsidain Aqua.

23307156325_ac35cb71a3_b.jpg
Butt

That reflection is very Rorschach-ink-blotty. Really interesting!

Can't get enough of these classic B&W landscapes with the layers of tone. Really nice, Steve (although the black tree and rock bottom-left edge could stand to be cropped I think)

That reflection is very Rorschach-ink-blotty. Really interesting!

Can't get enough of these classic B&W landscapes with the layers of tone. Really nice, Steve (although the black tree and rock bottom-left edge could stand to be cropped I think)

Sorry I missed your comments before. Thanks again.

For completeness I should add this one, of the Low Brandelhow jetty:

I think this was probably on Monday morning. There's a shot including Chris @raathistle on the beach with the jetty in the background a couple of frames earlier. 2007-expired Reala 100...

That's my lot of those worth posting, you'll be pleased to know!

Last edited:
Back