Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sat 23th November

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Some other place and time

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good plan

You'll be missed Chris. Did your film turn up?

Thanks Nick. Sadly Macodirect didn't acknowledge or action my communications (which would have cost them a couple of minutes), and they were delivered to my old address. I know it was my own fault (although I have a suspicion their website was unclear), but I don't think I'll be using them again. I may be able to get the films in the New Year. :(

I hope the threatened weather stays just over the horizon, leaving gaps in the clouds to let the sunstream through onto the red acers! Mind, I guess no-one's going to get a quick opportunity shot, though...

Not enthralled by the prospect of the weather but will be indevering to get there for 8amish.

Will try and drag a 5x4 Sinar F1 along as well as the 10x8 F2 and about 10 darksides for each if anyone wants a play with either.

Not enthralled by the prospect of the weather but will be indevering to get there for 8amish. Will try and drag a 5x4 Sinar F1 along as well as the 10x8 F2 and about 10 darksides for each if anyone wants a play with either.

As far as I can tell the weather forecast is not too bad, sunshine and showers til later in the afternoon.

Don't forget that clocks go back tonight ;)

Have fun, I hope the weather hold for you.(y)

Sat in Manchester Piccadilly with all of the walk
of shamers, the weather up here is bloody gorgeous, just hope it's half as good down there!

It's pretty good in Berkshire at the moment, sunshine and fairly clear skies from where I'm sat. Time for a quick breakfast and a shower then I'll be on my way. :)

I've not left yet and still in two minds as its nice and warm at home :)

Whats the plan for today regards where everyone will be as it a big place?

It's 10:20 and I'm having coffee outside the restaurant. It's been a gorgeous morning so far and wind not a problem as soon as you get amongst the trees. Will aim to be at the restaurant at midday or text me when you get here, I won't be far away.

Cracking meet chaps, shame about the weather but a good day either way :)

Also, Nikki says sorry she couldn't say bye to you all and hopes to see you all next time.

Last edited:
Please say more for those saddos who couldn't come?!

i would hve liked t o njoy this but wales so far from yorkshire.
good luck chaps.

It was a good meet, great to see everyone again. Not a classic as there was too much rain and not enough beer but we all got our cameras out between rain showers.

It's a shame Andy made Nikki feel ill but he has that effect on most women, hope she's feeling better now.

I look forward to seeing everyone's shots from the day.

Lets have a running total of the number of shots we managed to actually get...

Myself 3 (2 blurry and 1 covered with rain)
Woodsy 0

Well, I figured that once I'm back from Wales and got a batch developed, I'll count my shot from last weekend as one taken today.... Seems legit, right? :D

Lets have a running total of the number of shots we managed to actually get...

Myself 3 (2 blurry and 1 covered with rain)
Woodsy 0

Me 4 4x5, 6ish 35mm and 4 mf pinhole, pretty good I thought :D

Mr Hooley 3 (2 blurry and 1 covered with rain)

Woodsy A big fat 0

You can have 4/5ths of a shot for that :p

Well you lot are wusses, I slapped on the big boy pants and took 8 35mm and 14, that's right count them, 14 MF on the C330. Machine Gun Andy, that's my name, don't wear it out. :cool:

Not a classic as Nick says but it was very nice for the first 2 hours. I particularly enjoyed playing 'Where's Hooley?' a game for all the family that involves Rob phoning and texting you a position in 100 acres of woodland that involves clues such as "we're standing under a big tree" or "its E22 on the map" which is no real use if you don't know where you are on the map, or, my personal favourite "we're in Acer Glade" and then bl**dy moving from Acer Glade just before we get there.:D

Andy

I think I took something like 65 pictures, so hopefully one or two keepers in there.

T'was a fun day out despite the weather, thanks all :)

:muted: one 10X8 not expecting to much from it though

It was an enjoyable day out despite the rain and provided lots of free exercise .....

That looks like 8.8 LF shots between 4 of you... pretty impressive, hey?

Mind you, I can guess that trying to fiddle with LF gear in the rain is not much fun, unlike the Hooley game, which sounds ace. Perhaps we should make it a standard feature of all film meets?

Hope the pubs and beer were good (except for Machine Gun Snap, of course!)...

in wales thaye have a nice cider compay
gwnt a draig i think,

black dragon is my fave or dog dancer.

Sadly we did not get to the pub at all (a first I think for a film meet).

Paul (Mr Bump) I think you may be confusing the meets, this one was in the Cotswolds; the last one was in Wales.(y)

Andy

Sadly we did not get to the pub at all (a first I think for a film meet).

Paul (Mr Bump) I think you may be confusing the meets, this one was in the Cotswolds; the last one was in Wales.(y)

Andy

Oh I thought the Cotswolds was near Cardiff?

So this is definitely a holy thread revival, but I wondered if another Large Format meet might be on the cards? If folk agree, then I guess someone should start another thread...

Go on then, I could be persuaded. (y)

Back