Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sat 23th November

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Some other place and time

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:whistle: Still waiting.

So then chaps and chapettes! Just been round the arboretum today. Absolutely packed in the afternoon but quiet in the morning. Tbh, this isn't much of an issue as most of the masses hang around the food places. Anyway! The trees. Most of the acre's are nice and red already, but thankfully some are still yet to turn fully depending on the species I suppose. As such there should still be plenty of fantastic red leaves next weekend. The other deciduous trees like the oaks etc are showing signs of turning, with some definite yellow tones showing. By next weekend they should a fair bit further along but not in full swing I recon. In any case, as long as it doesn't rain, we're on for a cracking meet!

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks for the update Woodsy (y)

Best get some Velvia loaded now then!

Is anyone bringing a changing bag along? I can stuff mine in the bag anyway. Also if there are non LF users coming who want to give it a go then youll need something to take the negative home in. Ive got 2 old 5x4 boxes spare that people can use.

Looking foward to it more than the drive over there :)

Sticking with my open box of Provia tbh, velvia and these reds would be on the verge of insanity :D

I'm on my last roll of Provia, Real Camera Co only had Velvia so that's what I bought :D

I'll be bringing a darkbag, but dot have any spare empty boxes I'm afraid. I'll also be bringing my now spare Shen hao 5x4 folder if anyone is interested. It's also up for sale in the classifieds section... :)

Would love to come along to this. Damn shift work! Will have to try the next one :)

I'll also be bringing my now spare Shen hao 5x4 folder if anyone is interested. It's also up for sale in the classifieds section... :)

:crying:

Would you take a kidney and a hastily written I O U for it?

Worth a shot :p

Sorry mate! :( do need to sell it though... Price is rather negotiable!

Would you take a hastily written note from Mr Hooley that promises one of his vital organs in exchange for your Shen Hao given to me?

Would you take a hastily written note from Mr Hooley that promises one of his vital organs in exchange for your Shen Hao given to me?

I never specified it would be one of mine...

;)

I am going to have to drop out guys, a friend has a van I can borrow for my move the day of the meet :) / :(

That's a shame Nick but sometimes life takes precedence over photography, not often but sometimes, hope the move goes well.

I know its a bit early but I've just checked the weather for sunday and it looks like its going to be sunny but overcast with no wind gusting to 30mph and clear skies with heavy rain.....:shrug: So, a bit mixed really. :D

short of a tornado, you've listed just about all of the main weather categories. Going by the prediction though, I'll be sure to bring my shorts, umbrella, sun cream and warm jacket. :D

Tornado you say...mmmm, we may be able to sort one out for you. Heavy duty tripod day I think.

Enjoy it guys, shame I can't make it this time. Look forward to seeing the images.

I think the weather may be a bit of a challenge but luckily it rarely rains in pubs.

What time are people going to be getting to Westonbirt?

I'm going down on Saturday so will be there early to try and get the early light, (I know that's a bit optimistic) I know Andy and Rob aren't going to be there early but I think we could meet up near the coffee shop at 10 and then again later to meet stragglers.

Last edited:
Hey Jonathan, I was recently reading a different thread where you were coveting an Ebony. I notice you now have the sv45te..... congrats!!! Hope it gets a good airing at the weekend.

Hi Folks,

Although I think we should be fairly easy to spot I've PM'd everyone my contact number just in case you get lost or can't find anyone. If I've missed anyone just PM me and I'll PM my number back.

I'm still planning to go down on Saturday so should be there early but I suggest we meet at the coffee shop at 10 and then move on from there.

I'm going to bring my Nagaoka and the Speed Graphic, I'm not bringing the Toyo unless anyone has a real urge to try it out but I'm not lugging it anywhere.

Neil (Nguss) has posted me some film although I haven't opened the boxes yet so don't know what's there but hopefully I'll load up some dark slides with that.

I'll also bring my changing bag/tent thing.

Nick

Dark slides loaded (y)

I hope y'all have a great day, I'm really sorry to miss this one. Looking forward to the results.

I hope y'all have a great day, I'm really sorry to miss this one. Looking forward to the results.

You'll be missed Chris. Did your film turn up?

^^^ Excitement rising.

I will be missing tomorrow. Its just too much of a drive over there with too much chance of the weather being miserable. If i was a bit closer i'd chance it. Good luck though :) looking forward to seeing any results.

Still have lots of film left over from my trip to Snowdonia as it was bit wet, still had amazing time though :)

Fingers crossed i'll be there if the weather holds out.

Weathers looking a bit more favourable now. Sunshine and showers with a bit of a breeze.

No, damn it, I've got to drive Hooley around so if I can't drink no one else can either.:nono::D

Back