Large silver paragon photax machine?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

New to this forum, I have been given an old paragon photax machine which also has a foot pump with it which says Paterson contact printer-this is quite a big silver machine with plug and a box of other things that are included with it

Can anybody tell me any information about this please? What is it used for, when was it made etc?

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Hi and welcome. Sorry I can't help with your question but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can.

There are a lot of very, very old photographers in this section and they wake up very rarely so patience is a virtue.:LOL:

Andy

If you could give us some photos we could have an educated guess.
From what you are describing it could be an enlarger specifically geared towards contact sheets, as may have been used in a developing lab to avoid having to change the enlarger settings for each print

If you could give us some photos we could have an educated guess.
From what you are describing it could be an enlarger specifically geared towards contact sheets, as may have been used in a developing lab to avoid having to change the enlarger settings for each print

I recall using a Patterson Contact Printer and yes it was used with an enlarger to create........yes, contact (proof) sheets of in my case a roll of 35mm b&w film.

I surmise the larger bit is the enlarger......but no idea without seeing pictures what & why a footpump??

My first enlarger was a Photax Paragon, but I 'm going to make a guess and say I doubt you have an enlarger - or a Paterson contact proof printer. My guess is that you have a contact printer - yes, same name - but one intended to make contact prints of single photographs as you used to get from the chemist after you'd handed your film in for processing. From memory, the box will hold a negative and printing paper in contact, and will have a light bulb inside worked by a foot switch (not pump) to leave the hands free.

Big silver machine with a plug......sounds like an enlarger to me, but tbh without pics it could be absolutely anything.....:)

I suspect that all the answers are moot as the original question was asked in 2012....:)

Crumbs how heck did I manage to resurrect that old a thread...............:coat: or :exit:

Sorry folks ~ hopefully (my) normal service will resume soon :LOL:

Awe! Now we will never know. Consigns the case to the TP X-Files.

Crumbs how heck did I manage to resurrect that old a thread...............:coat: or :exit:

Sorry folks ~ hopefully (my) normal service will resume soon :LOL:

But there is a bright side ... a la Rip Van Winkle. The OP has made three new posts since yesterday after a 6 year hiatus. Sadly about a ˥∀⊥IƃIᗡ camera.

Last edited:
Back