Lego and other Minifigures

Good idea. Maybe get the kids involved too? A gentle introduction to togging. :p

Dave, you don't tell them that until after they're hooked. View attachment 105408

It's only fair. I never got warned about cameras and the gear either. Now my house is sold and I live in a box with all my lenses :snaphappy:

What lens would you recommend for doing this? Do you use a macro lens?
Most lenses seem to focus close enough for minifigs so that makes things easy. One of the vague general rules is that the smaller the subject, the shorter the focal length you should use to keep the perspective realistic. The 50mm on APS-C (75mm FF equivalent) that Dave used for his Pirates shot is about as long as I'd want to use for minifigs but it's very much personal preference.

That Pirate one is 50mm lens plus crop.
I use 50mm, 30mm macro, 35mm, 60mm or 100mm macro. I've used a zoom lens before too. The only lens I haven't used is my fish eye or a wide lens... yet :)

So, the stormtroopers are on the beach having fun, and the sandtroopers aren't 'cos they're sick of the stuff?

Will they be building any sand castles Imperial fortifications to play in defend?

Will they be building any sand castles Imperial fortifications to play in defend?

They would have but I had to come home. I think building sand castles Imperial fortifications would have been fun :)

Do you have any Sand People?
The Sarlacc (9496/75174) if you have 'em may also be photogenic for the beach. :snaphappy:

ETA: And don't forget blind bag rubber ring'n'flippers Batman for a bit of cross genre silliness. :wacky:

Last edited:
Do you have any Sand People?
The Sarlacc (9496/75174) if you have 'em may also be photogenic for the beach. :snaphappy:

ETA: And don't forget blind bag rubber ring'n'flippers Batman for a bit of cross genre silliness. :wacky:

I don't. My collection is little bits of all sorts.

I've just bought my first (and, hopefully, last) Friends Juniors set. $%^& me, is it PINK! The box has gone straight in the recycling to protect my eyes but I've still got this large pink vehicle base on my desk until I do something with it. Oh, and the mini-dolls are vile.

Well, there's getting on for 3700 different ones, and word is that by 2019 they're gonna outnumber humans.
We await your first legographs... Movie.gif

...dunno where all the others have gone..
They're all down at the beach with @Skyline :p
...have been scouring eBay looking for different figures to buy.
Keep an eye out for collection only job-lots in your area; you can get a mix of bricks, accessories and figures. Complete sets and figures sold individually are often sold by dealers demanding collectors prices.

Back