Lego "War of the worlds" Power of Paint Weds 22nd Aug

Right it's been pointed out to me that the last batch are pretty poor. I need to re-shoot and take time with these. sorry for posting such poor work.:bang: Will be back soon.(y)

in the original war of the worlds the aliens get a cold and die because they have no immunity - perhaps a huge pink snake could sneeze pink gunk over them (shoot it with a squirty bottle and a flashgun withthe power turned down to increase the speed)

btw anyone who's saying these are 'quite poor' needs to get a life imo - not many people have the creativity to do something like this at all , let alone put the effort into set creation that you have.

Thank you for the kind words Pete, but looking at the last set, they are a bit rushed, the colour balance is not uniform and some of them are not clear. Will re-shoot this week and try to improve.

Again, thank you for the kind words Andrew, and for taking the time to comment.

James Bond here! Just been slipping a Martini!

Would you like me to have a word with Q? I'm sure he's got a gadget available to get rid of the aliens!

If Tezz is a leading lady I'm sure she can dig out her WonderWoman costume!

Nah Adam, you get the best role, tall, dark and handsome, dressed in leather, riding a cool motor cycle- cooler than Arnie in Terminator 2, cooler than Fonzarelli, ready to dispatch the rest of the aliens. Nah you have the role of roles.(y):clap:

Nah Adam, you get the best role, tall, dark and handsome, dressed in leather, riding a cool motor cycle- cooler than Arnie in Terminator 2, cooler than Fonzarelli, ready to dispatch the rest of the aliens. Nah you have the role of roles.(y):clap:

It's Adam The Terminator!!!

Just wondering if Rob has another Lego figure that could be Adam!

Perhaps the role of a Policeman on a motorbike?!

Adam/ police/ motorcycle/ two out of three fit.

And here is 'Adam'!

195511.jpg

No way Clive, he has an Orange Ducati and Black helmet, mind you, the shades are spot on?

Actually interesting to see if the mods pick up on this. I have met and can vouch for Marc and Yv (You couldn't wish to meet nicer people). DarkStar plays Ska, so he can't ever be bad, and Marcel is Marcel (Leading light in TP and someone I hope to meet one day. I wish I could have included Cobra (He loves Pink nearly as much as me) and Kelack, who I have met, and is a down to earth human-being. Lets see:shrug:

Unless you happen to have a Star-Wars Chewy figure, I guess I'm safe :LOL:

You have thrown down the gauntlet, and I have seen the skill you have shown with your still- life shots which I hope to emulate one day. It's a challenge I look forward to fulfilling.

Right it's been pointed out to me that the last batch are pretty poor. I need to re-shoot and take time with these. sorry for posting such poor work.:bang: Will be back soon.(y)

The story is still immense and you know you can illustrate it better. Hope it turns out ok for you because this is the thread that makes me smile most - perhaps slow down a bit cos you have upped the pace since the early posts.(y)

BTW thanks for keeping an interest in my 52. I have had a comment that there is a stray blue light in my Root monitor shot. But little do they know that I cropped it like that as an homage to the War of the Worlds epic:D What lurks there? :eek:

The story is still immense and you know you can illustrate it better. Hope it turns out ok for you because this is the thread that makes me smile most - perhaps slow down a bit cos you have upped the pace since the early posts.(y)

BTW thanks for keeping an interest in my 52. I have had a comment that there is a stray blue light in my Root monitor shot. But little do they know that I cropped it like that as an homage to the War of the Worlds epic:D What lurks there? :eek:

Cheers for the encouragement, it means a lot mate. I think I will slow down a bit, and think a bit more about the shots. Am following you 52 with great interest and love your "out of the box" thinking.(y)

By the way Clive, I am now "Herbert" according to the Mods:LOL:

Can I suggest adding a few clicks of aperture mate, if your background is plain ish it will have exactly the same effect on us slightly blurred against really blurred, so you can afford to bring some DoF back.

Congrats on the title. lol That's a goodun, well it could have been way worse I mean.

Shucks...thanks for the new part. love it, lol

...I'm going to be in effects make-up all day aren't I.....

:LOL:... excellent still Rob... great pics and story... can't wait to see it unfold.

What's got me laughing this week is the behind the scenes chatter :D... Congrats on the user title btw.

Still wondering about "Herbert" I always thought it refered to a Richardhead (Dick for short)?

Hmm... perhaps congrats are not in order then :D...

I believe your new "Herbert" moniker comes from Herbert George Wells. (y)

Thank you Tori, That clears that up-Still Richard-head though.

Off topic a bit but...

There's a member of another forum I'm on, selling 500+kg of Lego for £3500... :eek:
Buyer collects, or it can be shipped on pallets for £200.

So, if anyone fancies building a Death Star? :geek:

Blimey, that's a story and a half to build! Any links available Tori?

Well, the direct link to the sale thread is here, but if it's like this forum (I haven't checked) you may not be able to see that link.
The seller put up some pictures on Facebook you should be able to see regardless, and they did post their mobile number if you have the cash and fork lift available. :p

I'm on page 6 reading this to my lil one at bedtime and showing her pics, she loves it. Keep it coming.

Matt

Back