Lens not lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is taking the **** out of you they're expressing an opinion. It's nothing against you personally, and no one is certainly saying that all people that have trouble spelling are thick.

You must be reading a different thread to me then!!

I see a difference betwen taking the **** and poking fun, you obviously don't. We'll have to agree to differ on that one.

I Never claimed to be perfect, just the opposite in fact.

/edit, since you edited your post I'll take out my reply to it.

Fraggle, I see this kind of like the thread on tattoos. I have a tattoo and to read opinions that amounted to being called a tramp because I have a tattoo on my back is not pleasant.

Some people's opinions are not pleasant but don't forget, it speaks volumes about the person who holds it. They are more than entitled to their opinions.

Now, take that deep beath and step away from the keyboard. :)

Fraggle, I see this kind of like the thread on tattoos. I have a tattoo and to read opinions that amounted to being called a tramp because I have a tattoo on my back is not pleasant.

Some people's opinions are not pleasant but don't forget, it speaks volumes about the person who holds it. They are more than entitled to their opinions.

Now, take that deep beath and step away from the keyboard. :)

Chicks with tattoos..... Phwoar! Floats my boat :D

post 39 lists **** taking Marcel.. read it.. then you will see what i mean.. although you may not see it as being that bad.. for one reason or another..

And Steep.. If you want to voice an opinion that someone else dissagree's with then expect a responce.. And Control myself!! have you read whats been said and what iv said!! do you not get it!! what says im out of control!! if i were i wouldnt have been posting!! the computer would have been out of the window!!

Im going to try not to post on this thread anymore.. the arrogance of some on here is quite a suprise..

Photographing people - as I do with kids or weddings - is about people skills and empathy - it doesn't matter if you can't spell 'empathy' so long as you have it

But if you can't be bothered to check your post or run it through a spell checker you're showing knack all empathy for the people you're expecting to read your post.

My problem with poor grammar and spelling is that it's a sign of not giving a toss about those you expect to read your words.

It's not an education piece, there are plenty of tools around to help you. I keep getting brain farts over the same words. "Broccoli", "definitely" and "necessary" are three examples, but all I do is spell check them. It's not hard, it's small effort, but I believe that if you care about what you say people are far more likely to listen to what you have to say.

Am I the only person here who thinks the best thing for this thread is if we were to just let it drop away?

No, you're not. What good can come of this discussion? We're all aware, I'm sure, that some folk on here can spell, punctuate and apply grammatical rules to their posts better than others - but does it really matter?

How did lens or lens get to this? :bang: If it doesn't stop now it will get locked, not because it's not a valid thread but because of the petty bickering.

How did lens or lens get to this? :bang: If it doesn't stop now it will get locked, not because it's not a valid thread but because of the petty bickering.

Agreed.

Having opinions in one thing, but resorting to bickering, name calling, or threats of violence will only just get it locked.

So some people don't like seeing spelling mistakes? It's hardly the end of the world.
We should all be tolerant enough to understand that some people have problems. Doesn't stop it being a bugbear to read though.
I understand some old people have difficulty walking, and I'm sympathetic to that. Doesn't stop me being annoyed when I'm trying to get somewhere in a hurry, and I'm stuck behind them on the street.

Fraggle, they weren't taking the ****, they were pointing out facts. Taking the **** would be saying those who cant spell are too thick to use a computer, or too thick to use a camera etc...THAT would be taking the ****, there is a difference.

Not everybody sits in front of a PC all day.
*spell check infront*
Not everybody uses text that needs to be word perfect everyday.
Rarely do I need to write or type anything until I am home from work.
*spell check untill*
I do have to fill out NIC EIC certificates, do complex calculations, and research electrical regulations from a book about a foot thick.
*spell check complext*
I would soon be verbally battered if I expressed consternation at someone's obvious inability to perform a simple cable calc using regulations and tabulated results that I do a hundred times everyday with two spare brain cells.
*spell check somones*
Everyone is taught English at school, and maths, but we dont all know how to transpose formula or do algebraic equations, I do of course, because its my job, typing word perfect....just isn't.
*spell check ofcourse*
So lets just get off it, know your profession, but don't assume everyone else does.....or even cares, just because its important to you, typing word perfect is a profession people do every day and take for granted.
*spell check proffession*

My sister threw me one of the looks I'm seeing in this thread, last week, she asked me to fill out a spread sheet, "a what !"
"spread sheet...you know about spread sheets"
"Don't be ridiculous, why would I, ere, wire this plug you hamfisted loon"
*spell check rediculous*

There were no threats!!! i there were id have said, I AM going to do this or that.. its almost the same as the way you and Steep say that it ONLY an opinion!! when theres clearly **** taking.. and everyones saying just leave it ect.. but people keep comming on and stoking!! we havnt said anything for a while now.. but still theres the finger wagging..

But while im here.. Post 39.. Examples of **** taking.. NOT just an opinion..

Thats the last from me.. carry on... (y)

Lets all go line(ux) dancing.

3-pingouins-danse.gif

Closed due to bickering

There were no threats!!! i there were id have said, I AM going to do this or that.. its almost the same as the way you and Steep say that it ONLY an opinion!! when theres clearly **** taking.. and everyones saying just leave it ect.. but people keep comming on and stoking!! we havnt said anything for a while now.. but still theres the finger wagging..

But while im here.. Post 39.. Examples of **** taking.. NOT just an opinion..

Thats the last from me.. carry on... (y)

lets meet up on a meet and you can tell me what you think of bad spelling!!!!!

Come and take the **** out of me to my face.. and we'll see whose the highest on the food chain!!!

If those aren't veiled threats, then I don't know what is.

And post 39? They were mostly posting examples of what common spelling mistakes they see that annoy them. Thats not taking the ****, that's stating facts.

If anyone is taking the ****, it's yourself with your ranting and "Oh but *you're* so perfect aren't you" sarcastic responses.

All I'm trying to say is, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and you can't just jump in with threats, insults and offensive sarcasm just because you don't like their opinion.
By all means disagree, but please do so in the proper manner.

Now if this thread doesn't calm down and everyone actually discusses this like adults, it will be closed, and we'll all, er, forget all about it.

Ah well, seems dod beat me to it and closed it before I finished typing my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back