B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

It's great to see such a variety of B&W shots in this thread, I thought I would contribute a few of mine from a trip to the Crich Tramway Village on a cold and wet Saturday.

Tram 1 by Chris, on Flickr

Tram 2 by Chris, on Flickr

Tram 3 by Chris, on Flickr

The museum is in Crich, Derbyshire, a lovely part of the world. Purchase of a ticket allows free admission for a year, I hope to go back when the rain stops.

Chris

It's great to see such a variety of B&W shots in this thread, I thought I would contribute a few of mine from a trip to the Crich Tramway Village on a cold and wet Saturday.

Tram 1 by Chris, on Flickr

Tram 2 by Chris, on Flickr

Tram 3 by Chris, on Flickr

The museum is in Crich, Derbyshire, a lovely part of the world. Purchase of a ticket allows free admission for a year, I hope to go back when the rain stops.

Chris

Nice to see sheffield 510 out, not seen that one running for a very long time, went there loads in my child hood, certainly makes a nice day out.

Nice to see sheffield 510 out, not seen that one running for a very long time, went there loads in my child hood, certainly makes a nice day out.

To the untrained eye 510 seemed to be in excellent condition and provided a few minutes shelter from the rain as we had a ride along the track. It was my first visit to Crich and I was very impressed, a lot more to the place than I expected.

Chris

To the untrained eye 510 seemed to be in excellent condition and provided a few minutes shelter from the rain as we had a ride along the track. It was my first visit to Crich and I was very impressed, a lot more to the place than I expected.

Chris

Yes they have some great events too which are worth a look out for, a walk to crich stand when you get off at the very top end is well worth it with a lovely view

Here are a couple of mine from crich in the past, must make another visit when the weather improves.

Crich Trams by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

crixh stamd by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

sculpture by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Oxfordmono2016-8_zpslboqcf1b.jpg~original

That works for me Tony, great lead in from the rails, nice exposure with detail in the shadows & highlights, and some nice reflections on the rails.(y)

George.
Cheers George.

Interesting whee was this and how did you get access. There's got to be a good story to this image.
Under Oxford Street somewhere i believe, no access tho I'm afraid.

SAM_1198.jpg
Darkened

SAM_1198.JPG
Original
Again my favourite campsite in mid Wales, a week of MIXED, mostly wet and grey weather over Easter.Not a lot of opportunities to capture much on camera.
View over the "lake" towards the swinging seat, Very misty/fogy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back