B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

So today I spent a few hours with the family in the Old Kilpatrick Hills behind Overtoun House just West of Glasgow.

Though I'm still not happy with how the X30 performs in extreme light, I'm going to persevere and see what I can come up with shooting RAW and making minor adjustments in camera at the time of shooting. Here's a couple of examples of what I caught today.

Quite often through both my 100 stranger projects, i have met people who just have an aura around them. Happy, friendly people about whom one gets a feeling that they are ultimately approachable and personable.
Today I met two such people, Natasha and Lorcan. Their portraits are posted below.

Natasha
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Lorcan
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just been playing with a few B&W images - I suppose colour within a B&W image is a well trodden path but nevertheless, it does make the subject stand out.
The first is a bit cliched

Postbox_zpskui6w8qz.jpg

The second is of Spinnaker Tower in Old Pompey - note the man suspended half way up it - rather him than me!!

Spinnaker_zpsnc5vlx11.jpg

Anyway, comments are always welcome

Today I was shooting in a photography competition in Chelmsford.
It was the Chelmsford Photo Marathon, 12 different themes in 6 hours. It was a lot tougher to achieve than I first thought.

I managed to complete the 12 themes with about 10 minutes to spare :)

I haven't had a proper look at the photographs just yet but will get around to it.

I couldn't help myself when I was shooting for one of the themes at an underpass under a busy road I noticed an interesting stranger so distracted from the competition I had to ask to make a portrait, result posted below.

Kerry
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Here's another dog. Originally colour and in very harsh kitchen light but under exposing with the Fuji 56mm worked reasonably well. I may look at moving the focal point closer to the eyes rather than in the snout and stepping back a little further if I take any more.

image.jpeg

Back