B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Another one from the West Country - Port Isaac - lightly selenium toned

12x12%20Port%20Isaac_zpscncd3d2x.jpg

WE by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

about 31.2 miles from lands end, get your tickets for the ride of a lifetime..:D
cheers
geof

Out with my 1966 Carl Zeiss 'Werramatic loaded with some outdated 1996 Kodak P3200 film I want to use up.. candids taken at waist level, shutter set to 1750th on the 'Prestor Shutter' but metered as if 1/500th. I processed in my Home-made MICROPHEN formula 1+1 and there was a 'Fog Level' but scanned OK .
Werramatic 01.jpg Werramatic 05.jpg Werramatic 04.jpg

Is that Brentwood by chance PP, home of the ghastly TOWIE?

YES -- BRENTWOOD ESSEX ! I was taking these at WAIST LEVEL as I passed so that is why the 'Framing' is not so accurate -- there are CCTV Cameras on every corner and a friend from Brentwood Photo-Club was out in Town photographing the old POST OFFICE Building and was seen on CCTV with his camera and the operator called the Community POLICE and he was questioned about what he was doing -- he told them " Do I LOOK like a Muslim
Terrorist ? and anyway, the Brentwood Gazette Staff Photographer has already photographed the building in case it will be demolished as it is part of Brentwood History "

OK, one from the past just converted to B&W with Silver Effex - originally taken with my old D90 in 2012 - we were on a break in the Quantocks in February and the cold was bitter

Quantocks%20BampW_1068px_zps7xmrirtw.jpg

The scenery was just sublime though

Liking that shot Nige, great idea and well executed.(y)

"I was gonna say for me "That's Right On The Money" but thought Naa".:whistle::D

George.

Thanks George. It was a bit of a spur-of-the-moment thing for my 366 project. I had the opportunity to go out today, but not the time nor inclination unfortunately, so it was a case of scratching around for a shot of something in the house. I've taken worse. :)

Nice one - quite a grainy sky - is that a 'film preset' or have you upped the graininess somehow?

i guess i fudged it a bit with all the pp...i used excessive structure in efex...better go back and start again
went back to the original untouched colour and started again...see OP
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Filthy day in London on Friday but you gotta work with what you have sometimes. Taken on my Canon G1X MK1
1478364916396.jpg

Last edited:
Back