Lets see your panoramas

Here's a pano I made today, really just so that I could try the new pano tool in Capture One. I'm pleased with how it stitches (this was 6 original images).

I also wanted to give the new Capture One stiching tool a try. This was from 3 images shot handheld in a 40mph wind!
I then got to use the Magic Brush tool on the water and sky areas. It really is supremely easy easy even for a noob like me,
A6506570_Panorama.jpg

Paul, have you ever tried the auto pan function (or whatever the in camera stitching in Fujis is called)? Works quite well (and sometimes very well!)

Paul, have you ever tried the auto pan function (or whatever the in camera stitching in Fujis is called)? Works quite well (and sometimes very well!)
I used to use that function when I had the X20 but tbh you only get a jpg cpmopsite , I prefer to stitch the RAW files and use Lightroom to process the stitched RAW it gives much more control. I have a friend from another forum who uses that stitching function with his X-T3 but I rarely like the results.

Reactions: Nod
Not my usual thing and this one was back in 2015 (processed last year) , trying out the in camera pano on the Fuji X-T10, which I had brand new at the time. Hand held.

A glorious morning in Glencoe, with early morning mist and Buachaille Etive Beag poking through an inversion making its way down the glen. It was a morning I failed to do justice to.

DSCF0658 web tp.jpg

Last edited:
I've mentioned a big pan I have of a glacier in Iceland. Now I have my main computer back, I have access to the shrunk version. Hopefully it's not too big for the forum to cope with - the full sized one would be, at 18213 x 3669 px (and that's with a little trimmed off the right hand end to get rid of people!)

GN1_0958 - GN1_0978.jpg

In the original, if you look at (about!) the red ringed area, there's a collapsed hut (I think - might be a pallet or similar).

marked pan.jpg

heavy crop.jpg

Last edited:
Monday I took a walk along a little known path beside the River Tame in Uppermill. the mill was converted to expensive flats some years ago and the house is one of only a few private houses with a frontage to the river.
I tend to take hand held pans in these situations to extend the coverage from a limited viewpoint. in both these cases a two image vertical stitch. I use my little Fuji X30.

TA3X5649-TA3X5650-web.jpgTA3X5653-TA3X5654web2.jpg

Last edited:
Monday I took a walk along a little known path beside the River Tame in Uppermill. the mill was converted to expensive flats some years ago and the house is one of only a few private houses with a frontage to the river.
I tend to take hand held pans in these situations to extend the coverage from a limited viewpoint. in both these cases a two image vertical stitch. I use my little Fuji X30.

View attachment 348215View attachment 348217

Somewhere, I have a couple of 180° in-camera stitched pans of Chania's indoor market that I shot on one of the baby X Fujis. Don't usually bother taking several shots to stitch later with them but might start!

Somewhere, I have a couple of 180° in-camera stitched pans of Chania's indoor market that I shot on one of the baby X Fujis. Don't usually bother taking several shots to stitch later with them but might start!
i have used my X10, X20 and X30 for stitching they do a good job.
I have used all the digital cameras that I have owned for stitching. Over the past 20 years stitching software has gone from problematic to right first time, in most instances. PTGui is the best program of all But I can not justify its price. Though my son will output my 360 x 180 files for me with it. I sort them on a trial version and he outputs. for simple single and multi row pans I use PTAssembler, and have don so since it first came out.

This is my latest, but it maybe needs a bit of an explanation.

We live 20 minutes or so drive from town and there's a nice disused railway line just yards from home with waste ground beyond and we like to walk there and pick brambles and raspberries. When we're there it's easy to imagine we're miles away in the countryside as all we can hear is the birds and the sounds of the breeze. However, they're building new houses and the waste ground is shrinking.

I took this shot at 250mm to give a bit of compression and show the encroachment of the new house building seemingly merging into the town and industrial landscape beyond even though these are miles away. It's a bit misty but that's how it was on the day. 6 picture stitch.

Q1kl7BO.jpg

A few with my Laowa 12mm last year. Might be an aquired taste but I love the effect that you get taking really wide angle panos with this lens. Because its 12mm full frame it means you can do 180 degree panorama's much easier than with, say a 16mm lens, a little cloning and correction required on the tennis ones because of the people and seats but others, peice of cake!5G4A4387-Edit.jpg5G4A4283-Edit.jpg5G4A2889-Edit-Pano.jpg5G4A2274-Pano.jpg

Back