Lightroom 3 Launched

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I see from Twitter that LR3 has been released in full and is on sale now!

Who is going to go out today, or this week at least, and buy?

DB

Beta will work until 30 June, just had a message pop up on mine.

I have just paid for it...

My first ever bit of legit software (i am very proud of myself.....)

If you can get it through the education store because it only cost me £66

Deal.

Downloading as I type.. I've been looking forward to this upgrade..

YES! FINALLY! I've been looking forward to this for SO long. LR has been a fantastic tool but desperately missing perspective/lens distortion correction tools. Off I go to the adobe site! :lo:

I'll be downloading/installing tonight and ordering the boxed copy when I get paid.

Just downloaded the trial version and now trying to upgrade the catalogue to the new version but keeps on crashing on my MacBook Pro...

Not looking good so far :(

DB

Just downloaded the trial version and now trying to upgrade the catalogue to the new version but keeps on crashing on my MacBook Pro...

Not looking good so far :(

DB

That doesn't sound good, just done the same on windows 7 and it worked fine.

going to delete, redownload and reinstall.

DB

And they've got the special offer - 30% off LR3 if you buy CS5 at the same time. I knew I was right to wait a few weeks.

I see from Twitter that LR3 has been released in full and is on sale now!

Who is going to go out today, or this week at least, and buy?

DB

Already upgraded - and it looks marvellous (finally lens corrections are there). They still haven't added soft proofing - even though it was mentioned on their forums quite some time ago that LR 3 will have it

I deleted and reinstalled LR3 again but it kept on crashing, every time I opened it and asked it to upgrade my catalogue!

I ended up creating a new catalogue and importing the old catalogue in to LR from within the menu system and everything is working now. Time to have a play on the train and see where I can get the $$$ to pay for it!

DB

It'll all become clear on the 22nd June ;)

DB

tempting tempting to switch from aperture 3.... oh so tempting
does it do custom watermarks yet?

Yes it does Gary. Why not download a copy and play? It's different to Aperture and you'll find it a struggle - think of it as a Nikon/Canon change - I struggled with Aperture3 when I trialled it and decided to stick with LR3

DB

I think I'll give it a miss. I spent a fair amount upgrading to Master Collection CS5 and Lr is really a support program for me so isn't worth upgrading to be honest.

Just downloaded and upgraded my catalog - I am quite frankly amazed at the ability of the noise reduction part now. I had some images I took over the weekend which were unusable before, but clean as a whistle now. I can't emphasise enough how amazing the result appears to be. This plus a D3s would simply result in the ability to shoot just about anytime/anywhere!

So NR seems to be good, what else can it do to tempt me to upgrade?

Better WM integration (rather than using Mogrify), quicker to process and render (personally).

DB

So NR seems to be good, what else can it do to tempt me to upgrade?

It's bloody fast - I've been running using my integrated GPU at the moment, and it's much faster than LR2. I expect it to run even quicker if I switch to the daddy GPU on my mac. 64 bit obviously helps too.

Lens correction is very neat as well - tested on shots taken using the Nikkor 14-24, and it's impressive on my images.

Have just pre-ordered LR3 upgrade version from Amazon.

Cheers for the heads up :)(y)

Well, on first evidence the noise reduction works well, and the lens distortion tool is a dream!

And converging verticals a thing of the past?

Excuse me while I run around like someone demented!

That is just brilliant....

Even more fun.. I've just discovered the rather cool effects that can be achieved by over-riding the correct lens correction and adding distortion..

I would download it if the link on the adobe website didn't keep redirecting me to download lightroom 2.. *sigh*

Bandwidth is obviously more costly than P&P of the physical product. Alternatively, they're monopolising on the fact that everyone will want it *now*, and therefore select download (ignoring the inelegant solution of using the trial and then putting the serial in when you get the box).

It could be something to do with the fact if you download it you're paying Irish VAT at 21%, whereas if you buy a box you're paying UK VAT at 17.5%.

Exactly..

£76.88 / 1.21 = £63.54

£63.54 * 1.175 = £74.66

You'll need to use the EU import box on your VAT return this quarter!

Received an email from Adobe today

15% discount at their store with offer code Lightroom3

Back