Lightroom 3 Launched

Well, on first evidence the noise reduction works well, and the lens distortion tool is a dream!

And converging verticals a thing of the past?

Excuse me while I run around like someone demented!

That is just brilliant....

The distortion tool is almost worth it alone. It even corrects my 16mm Nikkor fish-eye. :)

If you can get it through the education store because it only cost me £66

I know you have to be a student to buy it but are there any restrictions once you come to install it (apart from those listed on the site)?

I've been loving the beta for a while now (my first experience with LR). Was thinking it was going to be around £150 but now find it's £233! The wife ain't happy :(

Download the trial and must say very impressed! Noise reduction seems very impressive compared with LR2, 64bit so running quicker on the Mac - good job really as there's quite a few photos that i'll be re-visitng.

I've got a quite a lot of photos to be processed as i've been holding out for this so looks like i'm going to be busy.

Thanks, just used it and with quidco reduction, it's quite a saving!

Wonder if you'll get the 10% back via Quidco as is does state the following;
Any other voucher code may result in you not earning Quidco cashback.

I'm going to try it anyway but it won't be until next week (best get some invoicing done!)

Yep got my less 15% last night, up & working fine on my Mac. The 64bit version is so much faster

Hi Peter

How much did you pay - Iv'e tried to buy the upgrade (download) and nothing happens when I enter "Lightroom3" in promo - price quoted is £76.88.

Downloaded trial but not had a play yet but...

Can anyone shed any light why Aperture 3 is an almost 700MB program and LR3 90MB?
I'm far from a computer expert but given that both programs do vaguely the same thing that is a huge difference?!?

Joe

Downloaded the trial last night, had chance to play today, and like others I am impressed, so much faster (Windows 64bit), like some of he design and layout changes, also had a quick play with tethered shooting, and have to say that impressed as well, I can see me investing in this, so more money to spend :D

Hi Peter

How much did you pay - Iv'e tried to buy the upgrade (download) and nothing happens when I enter "Lightroom3" in promo - price quoted is £76.88.

I tried the code 'Lightroom3' and it only works for the full version not the upgrade. Maybe the code is different for the upgrade.

My wife is a teaching assistant, so should qualify for the full product education price (£64.39) :cool:

My question is this - can I order the boxed product, download a trial and then activate/license the trial when the boxed product arrives?

Thanks
Gary

My wife is a teaching assistant, so should qualify for the full product education price (£64.39) :cool:

My question is this - can I order the boxed product, download a trial and then activate/license the trial when the boxed product arrives?

Thanks
Gary

Yes you can !

I've downloaded it today too. Seems much quicker, 64 bit now on the mac! Worth the money for tethered shooting.

Yes you can !

Hmmm, just been on Adobe Live Chat support and the support rep didn't seem overly sure. First he said that I can download the trial, install and when the boxed product arrives I need to uninstall trail and install boxed prod!!!!
Then he said that entering the boxed prod serial number into the trial might work!!!

Oww.
I have the Beta. No message pop-up yet though.
Can someone point me in the direction of the education stipulations. I want to see if I qualify.

Hmmm, just been on Adobe Live Chat support and the support rep didn't seem overly sure. First he said that I can download the trial, install and when the boxed product arrives I need to uninstall trail and install boxed prod!!!!
Then he said that entering the boxed prod serial number into the trial might work!!!

When you install the trial is ask if you have a serial, buy now, or run 30 day trial. Each time (i think it each time) you open LR that screen will pop up and give you the option to enter a serial. So i can't see any reason you can't just enter it once you boxed version arrives.

I think but not 100% sure that once the delivery charge is added to the boxed version it then becomes more expensive than the download.

Thanks Goffski....

Does anyone know if the boxed prod comes with any other goodies such as tutorial CD/DVD (or even a nice Adobe sticker :bonk:)?

Sticker? lol, with your ability, you can make your own!

Hmmmm, not convinced TBH.

Seems as slow,if not slower than LR2, but then I am running on an old'ish system (4-5 years old) - AMD Athlon 4000+ with 3GB running 32-bit WIndows XP.

For example, I open an image in Develop and the Loading in 1:1 takes 7-10 seconds. Even at "fit" it takes almost as long.

Me thinks that maybe a new PC is required :(

I really thought that they would add border options on export this time around..... or perhaps I've missed it?

Mogrify still required it seems.

Hmmmm, not convinced TBH.

Seems as slow,if not slower than LR2, but then I am running on an old'ish system (4-5 years old) - AMD Athlon 4000+ with 3GB running 32-bit WIndows XP.

For example, I open an image in Develop and the Loading in 1:1 takes 7-10 seconds. Even at "fit" it takes almost as long.

Me thinks that maybe a new PC is required :(

Oh, I could only dream of such a system! :geek:

I'm running the Beta on a 1.4gHz machine with 512mb of RAM and I found it a revelation compared to LR2. Sooner or later, one of these programs is going to force my hand and I'll have to buy a new one. Until then, Lightroom rules supreme! :clap:

Oh, I could only dream of such a system! :geek:

I'm running the Beta on a 1.4gHz machine with 512mb of RAM and I found it a revelation compared to LR2. Sooner or later, one of these programs is going to force my hand and I'll have to buy a new one. Until then, Lightroom rules supreme! :clap:
Thanks for that, for a min, I thought it was going to be beyond my 2400 PC.

Well, thanks to this thread I updated yesterday.

Worth checking out a few tutorials, especially from this lady
http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html

Lens correction is brilliant, watermarking will save me a few steps and there's a few other really nice features as well. Just need to get my head around the new import

Try this for the upgrade 437C6E46 code

Thanks Peter

Worked for me and saved me a tenner on the upgrade... thanks matey (y)

Hi Flash - I have tried this but price doesn't reduce - it keeps saying "The promotion code you entered has already been used." if you don't mind me asking what did you pay finally?

Geoff

... if you don't mind me asking what did you pay finally?

adobe.jpg

HTH :) Keith

Initial price - £74.66
Discount (from code) - £9.53
Shipping - £5.11
TOTAL - £69.46

HTH :) Keith

Thanks mate - I get £76.88 :bonk: any ideas why I get that message anyone? :help:

Just upgraded my system to add an 80GB SSD as my primary drive, loaded Windows 7 64bit on there, and put Lightroom 3 on. Wow is it quick! Absolutely fantastic - love it. My other two old-style spinny hard drives still have all my stuff on, and I just pointed LR at the catalogues which were updated, then told it that the drive names had changed (D: is now F: for example) and that's it.

Super.

I have to say I am shocked that in this day and age people still pay for software.

Just installed on my Macbook Pro & it seems a lot quicker to import photos, also when importing photo's it brings up a full screen menu which is a lot easier when trying to find individual photo's to import.

Back