Lightroom 6

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone seen or have a link to what is in LR6 and the expected release date. LR5 was such a leap forward with NR and suchlike I was wondering if LR6 would have similar changes in other aspects of processing. I'm a newbie on this forum although been a member for sometime. Hadn't appreciated the content and how useful it was.

Phil

Well it was touted to be launched today -9th March, but it hasn't happened yet, so I guess it's not too far away.

AFAIK (from reading the web), it will be now only available for 64bit operating systems (so those with 32bit versions of Windows or Mac OS will not be able to run it). As its optimised for 64bit, it's touted to be much faster than previous generations, and will contain some new modules (i.e. Merge to HDR and Panorama) from directly within LR without having to export to an outside program.

Other than the above, I'm not sure what it will bring (other than another upgrade price), so guess we will just have to wait !

I'd expect it tomorrow... Most software tends to stick to US release patterns, which historically have always been on Tuesday's

I saw on another website someone saying we were 11 hours (GMT) into Monday and nothing had been announced. Well - as I write it is 11.15am GMT but only 4.15am Pacific time in the USA so it is entirely possible that the Adobe team are still in bed asleep!

Anthony.

There were a couple articles in Petapixel with leaked info. The main improvements are it will use your computer's GPU for faster processing (hence the 64 bit / OS 10.8 requirement), HDR creation and panorama stitching. I'm in California and haven't seen an official announcement yet either. I read somewhere that Amazon Japan showed March 20, so who really knows.
http://petapixel.com/2015/02/19/lig...for-faster-editing-panorama-and-hdr-creation/
http://petapixel.com/2015/02/27/a-first-look-at-the-hdr-merge-feature-coming-soon-in-lightroom-6/

I think there is/was a beta. Just not publicly available. Last rumoured release date I've seen is 25 March.

I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting with bated breath!

I'm really hoping that they do include face tagging in this one - I've seen rumours about it since LR4.

I hope they get a move on or release a lightroom 5.8. Cannot edit anything from my d5500 currently. The same for the d7200.

I hope they get a move on or release a lightroom 5.8. Cannot edit anything from my d5500 currently. The same for the d7200.

Same with my Canon EOS M3. I'm really hoping Lightroom 6 supports it but not holding my breath.

The workaround of converting Raw's to Tiff's with DPP4 is getting tiresome.

The last rumour I saw for LR6 was 21st April from memory.

Cannot you not convert to dng, on import, then edit?

Isn't this a pain in the a*se process?
That's what I've been doing recently as I've still got Lightroom 3 (I'm now waiting til 6 comes out, then I'll get that). The process really isn't too bad, probably only takes an extra couple of minutes:
1) copy the photos off the camera into the relevant folder
2) run DGN converter on that folder (only takes a few seconds)
3) import dgns from that folder into LR

Scott Kelby has announced that something BIG is coming on Tuesday. He can't say what it is, but they have numerous webinars and training sessions setup.

Lightroom 6 ??

Ties in with @ianbarber date

Seen that today, on his blog, so for me this confirms it. Some lovely LR6 goodness to look forward to :D

Looking forward to seeing what the developments are :D

Looking like Lightroom 6 will be known as Lightroom CC and released tomorrow, Tuesday 21st.

Looking like Lightroom 6 will be known as Lightroom CC and released tomorrow, Tuesday 21st.

Will be interesting to see if it is named Lightroom CC. I thought Adobe has said there will always be perpetual licences for LR. This would seem to challenge that.

Perhaps there will be a perpetual licence version and a cc version?

Lots of Twitter activity from people saying today (Tuesday) is release day for Lightroom CC, but nothing official from Adobe's Twitter feed yet. Mind you, it's still Monday over there!

CanonRumours say it will have HDR, fusion panoramas, face recognition and CC integration.

Last edited:
Lots of Twitter activity from people saying today (Tuesday) is release day for Lightroom CC, but nothing official from Adobe's Twitter feed yet. Mind you, it's still Monday over there!

CanonRumours say it will have HDR, fusion panoramas, face recognition and CC integration.

Definitely released today. Kelbyone are all over it -

http://scottkelby.com/2015/somethin...esday-for-photographers-and-were-all-over-it/

HDR and panoramas have already been shown (leaked). Hopefully there'll be some nice surprises.

If any one watching the Scott Kelby vid can keep us upto dare while we're at work that would be great ;)

A vide on youtube showing the facial recognition feature of Lightroom CC

This is the only feature of iPhoto that I actually liked so this is good news :)

Can't wait to have a play around with it now, excited to see what else is new!

Looks really good, I like the idea of facial recognition.... a bit like tagging elsewhere :)

I have 120,000 images in LR, and my neice asks if I have some photos of her and her Dad together...

I'll be ready next time :)

Back