Lightroom 6

Anyone tried it yet? Have they added it as an option to the local adjustment brushes? Seems they might have missed a trick if it's just a global slider...or maybe they are waiting for LR 7 for that ;)

Added what as an adjustment brush? If you're talking about 'dehaze', then I haven't seen anything to say that it is. I guess partly because of the way it works, estimating depth and whatnot, would get a bit tricky.

No update available for me yet in Australia.

EDIT: Better rendering of Fuji XTrans images looks like the most useful thing in there. They say "improved" though, not "correct", so I guess we'll wait and see.

Last edited:
Added what as an adjustment brush? If you're talking about 'dehaze', then I haven't seen anything to say that it is. I guess partly because of the way it works, estimating depth and whatnot, would get a bit tricky.
Yeah the dehaze option. I don't see why, you can still apply the algorithm to the image but only apply the effect to unmasked areas. Anyway, I have no idea how all the magic works so you may well be right. Guess I'd better just down load it and see what's what :)

on LR6 using the options for full, level, etc, lens filter adjustments, for those photos that are going to be used for a panorama, is it better to not bother with the adjustments at all, or better to make the adjustment and then do the panorama?
for certain, putting them all tigether first and then doing the adjustments, doesn't work :)

Yeah the dehaze option. I don't see why, you can still apply the algorithm to the image but only apply the effect to unmasked areas. Anyway, I have no idea how all the magic works so you may well be right. Guess I'd better just down load it and see what's what :)

Just updated this morning. Definitely not available as a brush. Guess you still have to fire up Photoshop if you want that.

Adjusting the 'blacks' as a local brush is something I've often wanted in the past though, looks like that could be handy.

Tried a bunch of 'bokeh panoramas' direct in Lightroom 6 (CC) with the new Panorama Stitch tool...hopeless. Bright orange bike with a fairly dull green background and no matter which combination of images or stitching method I tried it broke the bike frame in half (the contrast from the background couldn't have been greater).

Elements worked no problem first time, just downloading Photoshop CC to try that.

EDIT: Worked first time in PS CC.

Last edited:
Tried a bunch of 'bokeh panoramas' direct in Lightroom 6 (CC) with the new Panorama Stitch tool...hopeless. Bright orange bike with a fairly dull green background and no matter which combination of images or stitching method I tried it broke the bike frame in half (the contrast from the background couldn't have been greater).

Elements worked no problem first time, just downloading Photoshop CC to try that.

EDIT: Worked first time in PS CC.
To help the ignorant (me) could to say what a bokeh panorama is p!ease?

Certainly a series of panoramas I have tried worked fine.

Anthony

Anybody else have an issue with LRCC remembering library filters? I generally work in folders rather than collections, and filter based on star and colour ratings. On all previous versions of LR it would remember the last filter I had set for each folder, since CC it turns filters off every time I move from one folder to the next.

Turning filters back on then sets them to whatever I used last, rather than the last filter for that specific folder.

Very annoying when, for example, this weekend I shot five jobs, and I'm editing them all simultaneously as people need images. I have to reset filters every time I move from one to the next.

To help the ignorant (me) could to say what a bokeh panorama is p!ease?

I'm assuming Chris means a stitched panorama that was shot with a shallow depth of field.

There's a padlock on the top right of the filter bar - is it locked (it should be for what you want)?

Knew there would be something simple. I've locked that, but that keeps the filters the same when I switch folders now. So, same problem, but in a different way. :D

Will have another look tomorrow when I get chance, sure there's a simple option to tick somewhere...

Sorry for the question but i have been reading different version of the fact on the net and would like to know the correct answer.
I have just bought LR6 (not the CC but the perpetual licence). So i'm running version 6.1.1 and camera raw 9.1.1.
Where is the new dehaze option?
Some on internet say it is only with cc some say it's not.

Sorry i did a quick search but didn't read the 10 pages of this thread maybe the question was already answered.
If i can't access it i will admit be a bit gutted from the way adobe promote a new function but don't actually include it in the latest software you can possibly buy!

That's Adobe for you. You only get the new features if you're coughing up £x a month for the CC version. Us lesser mortals had just better wait.

Don't get hung up on it, though. It's great software without "dehaze".

Oh yeah, i know, just wanting to give it a try. I thought adobe philosophy was that you get all update but not the major one. So with lr5.1 you you get lr5.2 but had to pay for lr6.
Where is it mentionned that lr6.1.1 don't have the dehaze function i have no idea, that a shamefull way of doing things. So if i want the dehaze can i pay extra to get it? I don't want a pay every month subscription, neither the cloud storage.

Last edited:
Adobe philosophy is to make great software with all the features you need and dozens that you don't, and make you pay through the nose for it......

Prior to CC/v6 you got all the updates as they were released. As Dehaze was released so soon after CC/v6 you can be certain that it was actually already ready to go with v6, but they held it back.

I agree about the subscription. It's probably a good deal if you want PS as well, but otherwise "tough luck"!

Really, if you wanted to find this info it's widely reported all over the net. I can't believe you can't find what you need.

What makes people think they will get all the updates when Adobe has said they won't? And yes, they have said this so its official. Those that pay for CC get all the new features, that's Adobe's new business model. Pay for this (it's more than just paying for a program to use) or choose not to and get what you pay for. The choice is ours.
You can't really complain afterwards if Adobe go and add new features.

De-Haze I learned is in v6.1 but under the bonnet so to speak. I started to set up but has yet to complete it.

It is basically usable by creating a specific set of presets I.e. you do not get the GUI part with the slider.

I will try to post the link to where learned of this workaround. If you google you will possibly find a link to someone who created the presets as a paid for 'product' but the user on the site I visit showed how to make them with just a little editing.

Please bear with me and I post it soon as I can.

Edit ~ typing whilst Dave posted above. By as I said if I recall the pre made ones I thought were $'s

Last edited:
De-Haze I learned is in v6.1 but under the bonnet so to speak. I started to set up but has yet to complete it.

It is basically usable by creating a specific set of presets I.e. you do not get the GUI part with the slider.

I will try to post the link to where learned of this workaround. If you google you will possibly find a link to someone who created the presets as a paid for 'product' but the user on the site I visit showed how to make them with just a little editing.

Please bear with me and I post it soon as I can.

Edit ~ typing whilst Dave posted above. By as I said if I recall the pre made ones I thought were $'s

I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear about this......:)

Had to go looking to remind myself but it was here at dpreview sub forum

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3861540

The op there shows how to roll your own and it was that prolost ones mentioned by a contributor in that thread approx same timeframe 2 months ago. With the prolost ones indeed being mentioned as free but for the requirement of registering contact details! Fwiw that put me off as I do not recall any privacy statement....may have changed or misread on my part.

So take your choice as which route takes your fancy ;)

Back