Lightroom 6

Evening all, Lightroom CC is showing in my Creative Cloud, but when I click on it it appears on screen for a fraction of a second then disappears without loading. I've logged out and back into my CC account, uninstalled LR5 and restarted my Mac, no luck.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Any idea if they have sped up the ridiculously slow tethering? Would love to ditch Eos Utilities, if LR CC had an import Jpegs only option too I'd be very happy...

Is there a trial version available for LR6? I could not see it on their site.

Thank you

Evening all, Lightroom CC is showing in my Creative Cloud, but when I click on it it appears on screen for a fraction of a second then disappears without loading. I've logged out and back into my CC account, uninstalled LR5 and restarted my Mac, no luck.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Just downloaded again and still not working...any ideas??

Cheers.

Checked and uptodate.

Thanks for the idea.

Cheers.

I ended up un-installing (using the uninstaller in CC, then double checking with Piriforms CCleaner to make sure nothing left behind)
Reboot
Reinstall
Reboot
Log out of CC
Worked!

The only other solution I could find on Google was to uninstall CC itself and run an Adobe cleaner tool, then reinstall CC, then log in-log out. Glad it didn't get that far.

Edit to add linky: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Last edited:
hmmm I'd try google before going to adobe direct as they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard last time I raised a ticket with them

I ended up un-installing (using the uninstaller in CC, then double checking with Piriforms CCleaner to make sure nothing left behind)
Reboot
Reinstall
Reboot
Log out of CC
Worked!

The only other solution I could find on Google was to uninstall CC itself and run an Adobe cleaner tool, then reinstall CC, then log in-log out. Glad it didn't get that far.

Edit to add linky: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Cheers all, trying a full reinstall :(

Just downloaded my upgrade there via creative cloud no issues thankfully. :)

just found this on an apple forum

Just been given a fix by adobe .. On mac 10.10.3 yosemite

Sign out of cc

Press Command-Shift-G and type /Library and hit enter.

Navigate to Application Support/Adobe

Open SLCache folder and delete all the contents.

Go back and open SLStore folder.

Delete all the contents there.

Open the Creative Cloud app again and sign in.

Open Lightroom now.

I'd probably copy the files rather than delete though just in case!!

Sorted. I logged out via the CC website and didn't work. Advised to logout of CC via the gear icon in the CC desktop. Did so, relaunched LR CC and worked :)

Cheers.

Only one odd bug so far....found someone's face in a pic and correctly tagged them. Listed another 'unknown' face in the image. Nope, I can see only one. Turns out it insists on tagging the same person twice. When I 'delete' the spurious tag, it lists the second one as '?'.

Even weirder is that there's an identical shot (using continuous mode) and it tags that one correctly! Go figure.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticing performance issues with the CC version once installed? As far as I can tell its not running anywhere near as well as 5 did. I'm running the I7-4790k with a GTX 750 ti so presumably its not my system. So painful

Last edited:
Anyone else noticing performance issues with the CC version once installed? As far as I can tell its not running anywhere near as well as 5 did. I'm running the I7-4790k with a GTX 750 ti so presumably its not my system. So painful
No, it's a little faster on mine in Develop module, but I can't tell any difference otherwise. My lappy is running Win7 64bit, i7-3610QM and GTX 675M.

Didn't notice the small print when I ordered it myself yesterday, but the order went through regardless.

I did use this one though, but then I see it has the same small print. Either way, its worked fine.

Just done this and seems to have gone through fine. Selected Uk and paid via paypal just waiting for the second email with the license details now

Update - all setup and working (0:

Last edited:
what about rendering 1:1 when you zoom in?
It's instant on Nikon and Panasonic raw shots. I've tried a few. Tried it with and without GPU rendering and can't tell much of a difference.

Have you had a look at your CPU cycles in Task Manager to see what's utilising your resources? Could be there's something else taking performance away from LR?

Ooo, here's a really strange one!! I can reproduce this, can anyone else???

Use any image. Go into Develop and Basic sliders. Using Alt, change something like Exposure, Whites and Blacks to get just the right settings (so you JUST have the completely black or white screens). Ok, now, turn off GPU usage, restart LR and go look at those settings again. On mine, I have to move the sliders further one way or another to get the full black or white screen this time. Same thing every time I switch on or off GPU rendering. Hmmm, that's not right :eek:

Only one odd bug so far....found someone's face in a pic and correctly tagged them. Listed another 'unknown' face in the image. Nope, I can see only one. Turns out it insists on tagging the same person twice. When I 'delete' the spurious tag, it lists the second one as '?'.

Even weirder is that there's an identical shot (using continuous mode) and it tags that one correctly! Go figure.
I've been playing around with face tagging all evening. It's not bad - certainly it's "sufficiently" useable. But I agree that there are definitely quirks to some of the results it throws out. It seems a little bit too happy to decide that all unknowns are whoever currently appears most often in your database! But for what I want it for, I'm glad they finally added it - I was looking for this since I saw how handy the feature was in Picasa.

Standalone can be bought here. Bottom right hand corner. It will put the full version in your basket but you can edit that to be the update version;

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

Regards...

I wouldn't have seen that update option if you hadn't said how to do it. Not a bad update price at £59.09 either.

Finste mentioned how to find the upgrade download in post 90 of the thread. Its £59.09 to upgrade from LR4 if purchased and downloaded from the Adobe website.

I'm on a Mac and hitting F on my keyboard gives me a full screen version of the photo? I'm in the 'Develop' module.

Yea, but you can't do anything in that view. Hitting F effectively takes you out of develop and back into loupe view. As Sharky noted, you have to press shift+F now to get the useable fullscreen mode.

Yea, but you can't do anything in that view. Hitting F effectively takes you out of develop and back into loupe view. As Sharky noted, you have to press shift+F now to get the useable fullscreen mode.

Ahh I see yep sorry!!

Ooo, here's a really strange one!! I can reproduce this, can anyone else???

Use any image. Go into Develop and Basic sliders. Using Alt, change something like Exposure, Whites and Blacks to get just the right settings (so you JUST have the completely black or white screens). Ok, now, turn off GPU usage, restart LR and go look at those settings again. On mine, I have to move the sliders further one way or another to get the full black or white screen this time. Same thing every time I switch on or off GPU rendering. Hmmm, that's not right :eek:

I've noticed similar. You just gave to load an image and then open the preferences. Toggling the GPU on an off you can see changes in the image.

That's what happens when they don't release a beta first.

I have just downloaded and installed all the "CC apps" updates and “Lightroom CC” has installed as a new program separate from and leaving in place “Lightroom 5.7.1 64-bit”

So is it the new version “CC” only? :thinking:

Rhodese.

I have just downloaded and installed all the "CC apps" updates and “Lightroom CC” has installed as a new program separate from and leaving in place “Lightroom 5.7.1 64-bit”

So is it the new version “CC” only? :thinking:

Rhodese.

Yep the new one is LR CC, one you're happy that it's up and running you can just uninstall 5.7

GPU acceleration isn't working for my ATI Radeon HD series card. Quick Google reveals this is a known problem and Adobe are working on it. Let's hope they fix it within my 30 day trial period, or I'll never know if it's actually any faster or not :(
I'm not massively impressed with the GPU acceleration so far either. I'm wondering if it's because it imported the previews from my original catalogue. Getting it to rebuild them might help.

GPU acceleration isn't working for my ATI Radeon HD series card. Quick Google reveals this is a known problem and Adobe are working on it. Let's hope they fix it within my 30 day trial period, or I'll never know if it's actually any faster or not :(
Your video card must be capable of supporting GPU 3.3 or above for GPU acceleration to work, check the spec of your ATI card.

Sounds like this follows the typical Adobe trend of releasing a half-cocked "Beta" version as a finished product and getting their "beta testers" - sorry "customers" debug the thing, before releasing a fully working version in a couple of months time.
I think I'll hold off updating until LR 6.2 is released.

Back