Lightroom Second Screen / Loupe View

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all i can’t get my head round it and I’ve tried different combinations of google searches

Basically I saw a friend using this set up 2 screens opened lightroom on one and the Loupe view on the second

When he opened something else for example my documents or internet explorer it just opened as normal in front of lightroom however when I do that the loupe view closes

any suggestions???

The "loupe view closes".......when I do this then the 2nd monitor icon on the main screen switches off when the other application opens on the second monitor. Loupe view reopens automatically when I close or minimise the other application. I should note that I use monitor 2 for the main screen and monitor 1 for the loupe view...(incase this makes a difference).

The "loupe view closes".......when I do this then the 2nd monitor icon on the main screen switches off when the other application opens on the second monitor. Loupe view reopens automatically when I close or minimise the other application. I should note that I use monitor 2 for the main screen and monitor 1 for the loupe view...(incase this makes a difference).

Ah so it’s not just me?

Would be handy if it just stayed open!

Evening all i can’t get my head round it and I’ve tried different combinations of google searches

Basically I saw a friend using this set up 2 screens opened lightroom on one and the Loupe view on the second

When he opened something else for example my documents or internet explorer it just opened as normal in front of lightroom however when I do that the loupe view closes

any suggestions???

That's normal.

When opening any other window (ie: Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, Microsoft Word, calculator, anything else), it becomes the active window to let you know it is the window you are now working on. Lightroom becomes the inactive window, so Lightroom's second window (ie: the loupe view you spoke of) would disappear until you click on Lightroom to make it the active window.

That's no different from the colour of the window's boarders or menu bar becoming faded when inactive, or when you have one window open and with a diagbox displayed, then you click on a different window, sometimes the diagbox (depending on the software) seems to disappear.

It is normal as it is just part of the operating system, you can only work on one active window at a time. Don't worry about it.

That's normal.

When opening any other window (ie: Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, Microsoft Word, calculator, anything else), it becomes the active window to let you know it is the window you are now working on. Lightroom becomes the inactive window, so Lightroom's second window (ie: the loupe view you spoke of) would disappear until you click on Lightroom to make it the active window.

That's no different from the colour of the window's boarders or menu bar becoming faded when inactive, or when you have one window open and with a diagbox displayed, then you click on a different window, sometimes the diagbox (depending on the software) seems to disappear.

It is normal as it is just part of the operating system, you can only work on one active window at a time. Don't worry about it.

Thanks for the heads up

The only reason I questioned it was my mates computer doesn’t do that the Loupe stays open on the second screen

Thanks for the heads up

The only reason I questioned it was my mates computer doesn’t do that the Loupe stays open on the second screen

Is there a setting somewhere to make the loupe always active? Just a thought

Thanks for the heads up

Well it is possible to go into Settings control and adjust the settings to do that.

Maybe it may be to do with the way your friend's monitors are set up differently from yours and mine. It may not be about Lightroom's own settings, it may be to do with Window's own settings, for example, the screen resolution settings in Control Panel.

Study and make notes of your friend's monitor settings, Windows screen settings, etc., not Lightroom settings. Then compare your notes about your friend's setting to your own Windows setting.

Last edited:
Back