Lightroom ???

Name
Noel
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all

I was wondering if anyone had an answer to this .
When i shoot with Nikon set to Vivid in picture control, I like the look .

The problem comes in post, in Lightroom the vivid look appears for a few seconds and then lightroom rests the Raw back to a neutral state .

How can I get Lightroom to leave the raw in the vivid state ?

I hope this makes sense ,??

Any answers appreciated .

Last edited:

The vivid and all others of that nature affect only the jpg rendition or
preview. Raw files are not affected.

You should, IMO, be happy that LR takes over so little and does not
interfere with your very own intent.

hi all

I was wondering if anyone had an answer to this .
When i shoot with Nikon set to Vivid in picture control, I like the look .

The problem comes in post, in Lightroom the vivid look appears for a few seconds and then lightroom rests the Raw back to a neutral state .

How can I get Lightroom to leave the raw in the vivid state ?

I hope this makes sense ,??

Any answers appreciated .

Don't worry.. you can add the cheese back in again :)

Untitled-1.jpg

thanks @Pookyhead this gives me a better place to start editing ..

You could get the camera to save the image as RAW and .jpg files, then use the .jpg as a guide (if the quality isn't adequate) when tweaking the RAW.

thanks @Pookyhead this gives me a better place to start editing ..

You're welcome, but it was @ecoleman who actually posted it first... I just added the image to clarify.

Once you've adjusted the above, if you hold Alt ( I think it's Alt, it might be Ctrl though) then the buttons at the bottom of the Develop module should change and you can save it as the main default.

LR does not understand Nikon's picture controls and therefore applies its own setting, that can be tweaked as discussed earlier in this thread. Some, and I am playing with the idea, use Nikons own raw converter (CNX-D or VNX-i) for initial editing and then export a tiff to LR. That way Nikons picture controls are fully applied and LR has a file with a reasonable amount of information to work with if further processing is needed.

Back