Live Music, first proper attempt

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Those are excellent Tony - like the first in particular for the action and expression. :clap:

Excellent shots, both of them.

I love the way his top almost matches the pick-guard on that Tele ...

Excellent captures. Really like the first one.

great photos,

may i ask what settings you use to take such good quality photos in low light conditions, i recently visited the circus and although i got some good photos, some were grainy because of the iso i had to add and some way to dark

Thank you so much for the nice comments. I was really pleased with them.

It was very much a bit of an experimental night for me with the ISO ranging from 1200 to 1600 and I was on shutter priority from around 100 to 150 ish I believe

I work at the venue and it was our annual barn boogie event so I was lucky to have access to all areas

Worked till 11.00 so missed most of the earlier bands but will try upload a few more

Looking good if this is your first attempt mate!

I imagine if it was a barn venue the lighting wasn't that great either and may have been cursed with red light, which are so annoying for gigs. What lens were you using?

I've shot quite a lot of gigs (link in my profile) but I've been very lucky to do most of them in venues with pretty decent lighting (sometimes amazing) so don't have that much experience of trying to pull shots out of the darkness or super dingy lighting, which can be so frustrating.

Many thanks for the good comments.

In fairness the quality of the lighting was very good and I had access to the pit we had created right in front of the stage.

Wish I had had more chance with the earlier bands but I was on the gate collecting money and checking tickets etc.

first attempt - bloody hell - taken me ages to get close to this standard

Same here. On Monday night, I took some of a friend playing at an event. The lighting wasn't very bright and my shots were o.k. but not great. I prefer being the one playing the guitar rather than the one photographing it.

Steve.

Back