London film meet up- Saturday 30th July

Which day for the meet?

• 16th july?

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 30th july?

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it will have to be the 30th for me too, in Rhodes on the 16th :)

Just to let you know I have voted for the 30th but this can be changed. Any more votes or will we make it the 30th?

Mmm, I'm undecided. It would be great to meet up with other fillum folk but like TBY I'm not a big fan of busy cities.

Oh s*d it, its too good an opportunity to miss, count me in, London will just have to get out of my way.:D

Andy

Right, looks like we have a date of the 30th. Now to decide on the plan!

Hopefully I'll still be able to make the 30th but won't know till nearer the time.

I am busy both days which is a shame but looking forward to seeing the shots you guys get...

Right, date decided- Saturday 30th of July 2011. Could people please confirm their availability.

Any ideas for a plan would be good. I had in my head to start at Waterloo Station and we can either get most places from there or do a bit of southbank/river time. It also means that Silverprint can be easily visited at the start for supplies and a chance to gawp at all of the film based kit they have!

Sounds like a plan. How far is Waterloo from Euston, us country bumkins don't come up to the big city very often.

Should we all make TP badges to be recognizable?

Andy

I should be available on the 30th as well. Haven't been to London for a good 10 years so no idea where Waterloo is but I'm sure I'll find it

Any ideas on what we're planning to shoot? Need to decide between large format and rangefinders depending on subject :D

Should we all make TP badges to be recognizable?

Andy

Judging by the last time I went on a TP meet we should be pretty easy to spot, just look for loads of blokes weighed down with more camera kit than they could ever hope to use in one day and a unshakeable homing instinct for the nearest pub/coffee shop, depending on the time of day.

Also if anyone is coming by car into West London they are more than welcome to park in my street, just give me a little notice and I'll get some parking permits for the day. it's only 3 minutes from Northfields station on the Piccadilly line.

I should be available on the 30th as well. Haven't been to London for a good 10 years so no idea where Waterloo is but I'm sure I'll find it

Any ideas on what we're planning to shoot? Need to decide between large format and rangefinders depending on subject :D

Don't mind where we go really.The city may be fairly quiet on a Saturday and may suit some of the larger cameras attending. However we could walk there along the Thames path (ie Southbank) and then across the millenium bridge and St Paul's. There is a hidden London thread in the meetings section that may give some ideas!

im available :) can book train tickets when we have some times :)

raathistle, I've just posted on your 'for sale' thread. I don't think I have quite enough cameras :bonk:

I have updated the first post with details. If you are coming confirm in here. Also, please suggest possible sites etc!

Damn you Nick!!!!

Why not buy my G2 and let me have the M6! ;)

Sorry Jim, i shouldn't even be thinking about buying another camera let alone a Contax and three lenses, no matter how nice they are.

30th July is great for me, Waterloo is a cracking start point as I will be getting the loser cruiser in from the shires!

RaglanSurf said:
Sorry Jim, i shouldn't even be thinking about buying another camera let alone a Contax and three lenses, no matter how nice they are.

Well leave that M6 alone then! ;)

dubnut71 said:
30th July is great for me, Waterloo is a cracking start point as I will be getting the loser cruiser in from the shires!

Great, will confirm you on the list.

Cool it's in the diary :)

City and South Bank are obvious choices. Docklands also. There is also a walk I've been meaning to do which takes you from the Thames, thorugh lots of 'old' London town (areas around Fleet street) all the way up to Parliament Hill for an evening pano of the city skyline. I think it's about a 6-8 mile walk so I'm not sure if it would be for everyone. But I'm game for anything to be honest :)

There is also a walk I've been meaning to do which takes you from the Thames, thorugh lots of 'old' London town (areas around Fleet street) all the way up to Parliament Hill for an evening pano of the city skyline. I think it's about a 6-8 mile walk so I'm not sure if it would be for everyone. But I'm game for anything to be honest :)

I like the sound of this, especially the old bits. (y)

Andy

City and South Bank are obvious choices. Docklands also. There is also a walk I've been meaning to do which takes you from the Thames, thorugh lots of 'old' London town (areas around Fleet street) all the way up to Parliament Hill for an evening pano of the city skyline. I think it's about a 6-8 mile walk so I'm not sure if it would be for everyone. But I'm game for anything to be honest :)

Do you have any details or a link for this walk?

docklands sounds like a good idea, not sure how late i will be able to stay as i have to get a train back oop north

My suggestion would be the square mile, on Saturday it is quite quiet, not to many people and the interesting places are to numerous to list, the thing about London on Saturday is lots and lots of people, so it can be very difficult with bulky equipment to get the advantageous shot, but equally if you wish to shot STREET with a small rangefinder brilliant.
The square mile has lots of stations to get from places to places quickly and cost effective with your return ticket plus only one underground tariff and it is never far from the mainline station for homeward bound travel.
My tuppence worth.

Also still lots of interesting imbibing places open.

Richard.

PS, Wouldn't be great for each of us to bring a spare film to give to another shooter for them to use, the results could be most interesting.

Last edited:
Square mile sounds fine to me, lets hope we don't run into too many over zealous security guards! Can I still suggest we meet at waterloo, it will give people a chance to stock up on any forgotten bits and pieces, even LF! ;)

No security guards! in the square mile just police:).

Waterloo, Victoria, Euston, St pancras, Marylebone, paddington, Charing cross, Fenchurch Street, Canon Street,Kings Cross, Liverpool Street,London Bridge,

We can choose which ever? Waterloo sounds great.

medwaygreen said:
No security guards! in the square mile just police:).

Waterloo, Victoria, Euston, St pancras, Marylebone, paddington, Charing cross, Fenchurch Street, Canon Street,Kings Cross, Liverpool Street,London Bridge,

We can choose which ever? Waterloo sounds great.

There have been problems with overzealous security guards before but with such a group and the equipment being carried I am sure there won't be a problem.

I only suggest Waterloo as silverprint is nearby and they have great stocks of film etc!

There have been problems with overzealous security guards before but with such a group and the equipment being carried I am sure there won't be a problem.

I only suggest Waterloo as silverprint is nearby and they have great stocks of film etc!

I believe that the SG problems have been in the Nouveau Riche areas of the dockland and not the City, but we will see:).

Richard.

I could do with stocking up on some 120 film, so waterloo sounds good to me :)

Rob, are you still deffo coming to Manchester the night before? Fancy a beer?

I could do with stocking up on some 120 film, so waterloo sounds good to me :)

Rob, are you still deffo coming to Manchester the night before? Fancy a beer?

i shall be in manchester the night before, going to use my calumet discount on some velvia :D a beer sounds like a brilliant idea :)

Back