London Meet 19th Jan

Thank you for everyones kind words, iam new to the film group after my purchase of minolta xm.

However Iam rather creaky at the early side of 50 so the back tape will be used for light seals and possibly to hold me together.

r Iam rather creaky

You'll fit in perfectly:ROFLMAO:

The others have already had to advance to gaffer tape for extra support:p so worry not as there will ba a back up plan in place should your black tape prove inadequate:D

Thank you for everyones kind words, iam new to the film group after my purchase of minolta xm.

However Iam rather creaky at the early side of 50 so the back tape will be used for light seals and possibly to hold me together.

Nice to see a young feller getting involved. ;)

I'm another one new to the film group, having recently got a Canon EOS30V, and funnily enough turned 50 this year.
I'd love to come along to this meet, and have no excuse living in NW London close to a Met line station.

It would be great to meet some of you experienced film shooters, especially if it also includes a trip to the pub at some point (which looking at previous meet threads appears to be a possibility)!

I'd be particularly pleased if the new Chroma 5x4 arrives before then, which depends on how quickly Steve is getting through putting them together - I signed up to the Kickstarter quite late, so think I'm a little way down on his list! :)

has anyone any thoughts on where to meet ? how about 9 as the start time ?

@ancient_mariner .hope you can get there on the 19th Toni , I believe we have something other than cameras in common. ill tell you when I see you

We might need a little bit later if possible Andy. Our train gets into Euston at 08.57 and we need to drop off our luggage. 09.30-09.45 we could probably do.(y)

Yes I think we normally aim to meet around 10-ish, to allow some folks to get into that London...

yeah I told a porky just to wind asha up

I might join in as well, provided we are never more than 100 yards away from a cozy and warm pub.

We might need a little bit later if possible Andy. Our train gets into Euston at 08.57 and we need to drop off our luggage. 09.30-09.45 we could probably do.(y)

Calumet is very near and might be worth checking, before you go, if any cheaper bargains for film (y)

Edit: It looks like the store has closed recently..blame HS2 :(

Last edited:
I've been aiming to go to the Taylor Wessing exhibition this year and I'm not going to get there before Christmas now so this seems like a good chance to combine that with meeting up with people. So count me in even if it's only for a part of the day if you guys are not going to the NPG

@donut, worth editing the thread title (and maybe first post, haven't checked) to indicate this is a film meet?

as its in filmy bit Chris peeps should suss it out ,,,,,,even if they don't all are welcome digi or not ,,,,,,,its just that if they turn up with a digi it will get thrown in the river and they will be politely asked to go and buy a film camera fifthwith

Agree about the subforum being a clue, though some folk see these threads out of context in the free flowing current posts on the front page! I do like your idea though and suggest therefore that we meet near a river! :)

@ancient_mariner Toni

@welshwizard645 Peter

@RaglanSurf Nick

@Woodsy Jonathon and your better half Nikki

@compulsivehordr Alastair

@Mrs Snap Janet and your lesser half Andy

@ChrisR Chris

@todders Adrian

@gunnar Alex

@sirch Chris

and last but not least the tog with no name @C&C

just a quick heads up for two weeks tomorrow . if you can still make it for the smoke meet,,,,could I suggest 10.00 outside charing x train station ,,,,there used to be a place of caffein just outside the station in the strand hopefuly its still there ….any comments very welcome thank you

19th Jan I can’t do unfortunately. Two sets of ageing parents several hours away dominate our weekends, so we are flying.

Have fun on the 19th everyone

Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully we'll be there (Mrs. Mariner to come along too, now to find a film camera.....)

Booked my tickets the other day, getting into Euston at 10:11 and Charring Cross is just down the Northern line I think, so might be there by 10:30 if all goes well. I'll PM you my mobile number @donut (y)

Don't know what other folks want to do but I am really keen to go to the Taylor Wessing at the NPG.

thanks for the replies ,,, look forward to seeing Janet Chris and Toni ,,,havnt forgot anyone have I ? :p
I think most of us might be up for the T.W. at the npg Chris ,,,,and its only over the road from the coffee shop meeting place

Back