London Meet 19th Jan

Quite (I hope pride doesn't precede a drop - just left the film for processing....). :eek:
This is the wonderful film limbo between hope and reality Toni, absolutely to be savoured until you see the results. I just posted a couple of films off to Filmdev today and I'm in the same confident hopeful, errrm, apprehensive state. :whistle:

This is the wonderful film limbo between hope and reality Toni, absolutely to be savoured until you see the results. I just posted a couple of films off to Filmdev today and I'm in the same confident hopeful, errrm, apprehensive state. :whistle:

I'm completely relaxed about this. The anticipation is nothing like it used to be, when I'd drop the films off after a wedding and not know for a few days quite what I was going to get back. :sulk:

I'm completely relaxed about this. The anticipation is nothing like it used to be, when I'd drop the films off after a wedding and not know for a few days quite what I was going to get back. :sulk:
Isn't that confusing anticipation with apprehension? That's the reason I never wanted to turn my interest in photography into a job. :)

I'm awaiting the return of my film, hopefully with the images scanned at a decent resolution & supplied on a CD. As for the IR images, lets just say that the Siggy 12-24 doesn't do IR very well. :(

For the benefit of the underinformed (like me), who's who in the group shot?

Having been up north last week (Yorkshire, back late Thursday) another trip in that direction was as they say contra-indicated for the next day but one, otherwise I might have come - there were certainly enough attractions.

Last edited:
Hope no one minds being identified (or probably mis-identified)

@minh0204, @compulsivehordr , @Mrs Snap, @Andysnap , @RaglanSurf, @C&C, Mrs Ancient Mariner, @ancient_mariner, Donut's friend, yours truly,
and @donut knows his place :)

Nice to put faces to the names of whom I've not yet met …..There is time for that to happen so be aware!!:runaway:

I am wondering how @Andysnap and @sirch managed to sneak into the Capital and spend all day there wearing flat caps without being dragged off to the Tower of London……..Does one not need a special permit to wear them? :exit::LOL:

I am wondering how @Andysnap and @sirch managed to sneak into the Capital and spend all day there wearing flat caps without being dragged off to the Tower of London……..Does one not need a special permit to wear them? :exit::LOL:

Welcome to a liberal, inclusive society. :angelic: :mooning:

Nice to put faces to the names of whom I've not yet met …..There is time for that to happen so be aware!!:runaway:

If you look at a map of London you will see that it has sucked in all the roads and railway lines like a black hole. That super-natural attraction applies to people too, at first it appears alive, vibrant, fun and attractive but if you are not careful you end up stuck there with no way out.

Flat caps, it turns out, are the perfect antidote to the attractions of London.

That super-natural attraction applies to people too, at first it appears alive, vibrant, fun and attractive but if you are not careful you end up stuck there with no way out.

I thought that that effect was due to rail strikes...

They are still stuck in the forties oop north :D even worse would be to wear a bowler hat..that went out years ago.

I think gentlemen that you will find that as in all things fashion related, what goes around comes around. Have a look on your high street and if you don't see dozens of young men in flat caps then I will be very surprised. So, in summation, Chris and I are ahead of the fashion trend wheel and the young folk merely follow in our wake. ;)

It's a long, flowing Cavalier style wig isn't it? It must be....

Complete with the optional chin warmer aka long flowing (false) beard.

Well I have an even more "trendy look" ( to me anyway), including head gear but you lot aint seeing it ( it's unlikely that those of you whom I've already met would recognise me tbh:wideyed:;))

ermm would it be a wool face mask :D

I was having an 'Enjoyable Time' in Hospital having loads of Gel spread on my Abdomen and an attractive Nurse doing an Ultra-Sound -- she said " It may be Triplets " ----
When will you know the results Pete ?

Back