London Underground Closed-due to Blasts

More news now..reports from Scotland Yard that there has now been several different explosions (three reported so far) on different buses around London with several casualties.

:(

7 Underground stations have now reported "blasts"

Classic - with all the security in operation in Scotland they make their point by bombing elsewhere. Awful!

CT said:
Classic - with all the security in operation in Scotland they make their point by bombing elsewhere. Awful!

Yup it is the perfect oppotunity for the sick minded to make an attack.

The BBC have just reported that Arab sources which monitor the Alkida have said that they are almost certain that they carried out these attacks.

One of my best friends is in London at the moment, fortunately she is ok, unfortunately she is stuck ! cant get home !

Hope nobody has friends or family that have been hurt or traumatised by these sickos !

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

I hope this doesn't come across wrong Ian but just being stuck and having to suffer the hassle and major disruption trying to get home makes her one of the lucky ones in my eyes. She could have been much worse off from the affects of the actions we have witnessed today in London. :(

The latest statistics are more than 33 fatalities, scores of others suffering from loss of limbs, chest injuries, head injuries, broken bones, wounds from flying metal and glass, cuts and bruises, partial/total deafness and smoke inhalation.

This count is sure to rise.

My thoughts go out to these people and their families and friends.

Doesnt come over wrong at all Steve, and i know she is lucky to just be inconvenienced, she arrived at Liverpool street early this morning, she could so easily have been involved !

My thoughts are with everybody invovled or with family or friends involved !

i can only echo steves comments on this and hope that those injured have a speedy recovery

What has this world come too! This is so sad I couldnt' even comprehend it when I heard. I can't believe what hatred is in this world. Innocent people dead and for what? I was watching the National last night and the people over there seemed pretty calm about the whole thing. I was very surprised. They were showing people standing around having cold beers and saying Al Qaida won't ruin their day to day lives. I think I would be a tad shaken but I suppose their right. You have to live right. Can't live in fear. I thought of all of you guys too ya know!!! I have no idea where any of you are in relation to these bombings but alot of the streets sounded familiar as they were speaking on the tele. Glad your all alright. They also said Canada was the last Country on Al Qadia's "list" who hasnt' been hit. Can you imagine!!!! As horrible as it is, things like this only bring people closer. My heart goes out to everyone over there.

Jewel.

I have to agree with you Jewel, the resolve and calmness of the many people that have been affected by this ordeal has really surprised me. Sure there is nothing really that the average man in the street can do about it now or in the future, but to just go on with life as normal is impressive. I guess that is the biggest two fingers we can give to these terrorists, do what you may but no matter how determined you are to disrupt our lives we will be even more determined to carry on.

Latest up date from the BBC

The final death toll for the London bombs will be at least 50, the head of the Metropolitan Police says.

Sir Ian Blair said there were a number of bodies still in the Tube train at Russell Square but that the final figure was unlikely to top 100.

The blasts on three Tubes and a bus left 700 hurt, with 100 held overnight in hospital and 22 serious or critical.

Whilst every single life lost or injury caused is one too many and totally despicable, I can’t help thinking that compared to the attack on the Twin Towers 9/11 and the very similar train attacks in Madrid, we have been very lucky. Imagine how high the death toll would have been if there had been fires on the underground trains caused by the explosions.

Back