Beginner luna pro light meter

Name
Ron
Edit My Images
No
i own a luna pro hand held light meter and i was wondering if anyone still uses one in the digital world. You could use it in the manual mode if you wanted to. I know in the film days it was like your right hand.I'll be glad to hear your input.

Don't see why not :D I sometimes use my Minolta hand held meters when using digital.

Luna Pro aka Lunasix - I use one with meter-less film cameras (along with a battery adapter for current batteries). Seems pointless if your camera has not just a meter but a range of metering modes including spot. Thus a rather odd question.

Sure, many will go through their photography without even
knowing how to spell it but for me — and since the film plates
time — it is of upmost importance in studio. Specially when
working with powerful manual flashes to establish quickly the
respective ratios… even in this digital world.

Last edited:
I was assuming ambient, unless he has a Luna Pro F.

I was assuming ambient, unless he has a Luna Pro F.

I use the Master Six… and I was assuming he meant
a light meter, any light meter… possibly my bad! :coat:

I still use a Lunasix 3 lightmeter for my film photography when using old fully manual cameras with no built-in TTL meter and it works well enough.

The problem with a lot of the Lunasix range is that they use the old 1.35 volt mercury batteries that have been unavailable for years due to environmental concerns. As usual, there are some work arounds for this including air-cell batteries, but these are expensive and only last a few months. Fortunately, my meter came with an adaptor that allows it to use two silver oxide SR44 batteries and turns the voltage down to the right level. I think you can still get these adaptors but I think they're getting on for around £30 so not exactly cheap.

It is very hard to get an incident light reading with a built-in camera meter. I still use mine with my film cameras, none of which have a built-in meter,

Last edited:
Back