MagicMynx and her 2010 ... no longer a photo a day!

The Millennium Bridge is awful! I don't know how anyone manages to get a shot in focus... so well done!

I'm glad that the please make it stop image conveys what I wanted it to though, thank you. ALot of people with RSD do, sincerely consider self amputating. Something like an axe or saw would have maybe been better....but erm, I don't trust myself with either lol - it was a right royal pain trying to press the shutter button on the cable release with both hands occupied though! lol

I was wondering how the hell you managed to press the shutter with no hands :thinking:
Did you hit it with your chin or something?
The end result is an incredibly powerful shot and well worth whatever contortions you had to get yourself in to take it - absolutely spot on for the message you wanted to get across.

I'm finding it a bit frustrating that I can't read all the text though. I can make out that it's something about RSD, but I'd love to be able to read more of it . . . not sure that's necessarily a bad thing if it's drawing me into the shot more.

I'm really enjoying all the nighttime shots that are coming up in here too.
I know I said it before, but the way that you're getting the light in these is gorgeous.
Stupid question time, but how do you get those starbursts on the streetlamps?

I was wondering how the hell you managed to press the shutter with no hands :thinking:
Did you hit it with your chin or something?
The end result is an incredibly powerful shot and well worth whatever contortions you had to get yourself in to take it - absolutely spot on for the message you wanted to get across.

I'm finding it a bit frustrating that I can't read all the text though. I can make out that it's something about RSD, but I'd love to be able to read more of it . . . not sure that's necessarily a bad thing if it's drawing me into the shot more.

I used a shutter release cable and used my mouth to trigger it, :LOL:
I'm glad that it conveys the right message.
The text is this info leaflet, thought it made it a bit more powerful, literally spelling out the reasons.
I'm really enjoying all the nighttime shots that are coming up in here too.
I know I said it before, but the way that you're getting the light in these is gorgeous.
Stupid question time, but how do you get those starbursts on the streetlamps?
Thank you. The starburts are just long shutter speeds. Really, nothing more, incredibly simple. The longer the shutter speed, the bigger and sharper the starbursts. Try shooting a lampost for 30 seconds in the dark ;)

Not shot yesterday but PPd. Having a bit of trouble at the moment, again. 365 is both a blessing and a curse lol

cathedralbuildingswm.jpg

Newcastle is full of truly beautiful sculptures that people are oblivious to, despite walking past them daily...if only people looked up!!

Produce, not happy with it....may be subject to change but i'm not good ATM, the sheer vibranace was intentional though, I wanted it OTT

producewm.jpg

Nattelie, your produce image is great, what is it that you aren't happy about?
The composition is perfect, its on theme and the colours really pop out. All round great image. I hope you are feeling better, keep smiling :) I think you are an inspiration to us all(y) Iain

Nattelie, your produce image is great, what is it that you aren't happy about?
The composition is perfect, its on theme and the colours really pop out. All round great image. I hope you are feeling better, keep smiling :) I think you are an inspiration to us all(y) Iain
Thanks, I'm not sure TBH, just something isn't quite how I wanted it to be.

Pic for today, not taken today just PP'd today...
busheswm.jpg

Not sure if I reshot it, if I'd change the DOF, quite like them bothe being in focus.

The Baltic, - I took this about a week and a half ago TBH, but couldn't decide whether to enter this one for the cross processing comp (too late to change my mind now, so now I can post it.)

balticcrossprocesswm.jpg

And this one, another one from a late night wander....

fenhammoonwm1.jpg

Not sure where the purple in the starbursts came from, but I like it.

I really wanted to do a shot that was appropriate for Good Friday, but never dot around to it. Call me unmotivated, but, just one of those things. So you get some high rise flats in Newcastle instead. However I suppose it is symbolic. On the hill, it wasn't just Tesus who was crucified that day, but 2 other men. their lives were taken. In this image, there are again 3 subjects (the flats) ontop of a hill, and each block of flats is full of lives.

flatswm.jpg

For my reshoot, I opted to shoot the shot I missed, which was speed. Not too bad considering, but I don't think I'll do shots like this often, they make me dizzy! (and I'm not quick enough!) This was my original idea for the shot, but I couldn't do it at the time as I was "on lock down".

speedwm.jpg

And of course, Easter Sunday. I did take a religious pic, but this one turned out nicer.

eggswm.jpg

Last edited:
The text is this info leaflet, thought it made it a bit more powerful, literally spelling out the reasons.

Thank you for sharing that.
I had a vague awareness of RSD, but didn't really know that much about it - that was an interesting read.
Which kind of leads me into your "shout about RSD" shots. I like both of these, but the composition in the first one works best for me (please don't hate me for saying that after you went to the effort of reshooting it ;) )

So many great shots, since last time I dropped in, but I've picked a few favourites to comment on :

Produce : I can't see why you don't like this one :shrug:
Really fantastic colours and I like the composition - OK so you didn't set it up, but you spotted it and shot it.
My only niggle on this one would be that the primroses at the front look a little overexposed.

I love the Cathedral buildings shot and your latest nighttime wandering is the best nighttime shot I've seen from you so far :clap:
I don't know where the purple came from either, but I love it too.
p.s. Thanks for the tip on the starbursts from a couple of weeks back. Not tried it yet, but I'm going to.

Cat of 9 Tails is just a little bit worrying :LOL: but well executed just the same.

And the last one that I've picked out to comment on is your week 14 "Shoot".
Another one that I like a lot. The grainy B&W conversion really adds to it.

Thank you for sharing that.
I had a vague awareness of RSD, but didn't really know that much about it - that was an interesting read. Thank you and thank you for taking the time to read that hun x
Which kind of leads me into your "shout about RSD" shots. I like both of these, but the composition in the first one works best for me (please don't hate me for saying that after you went to the effort of reshooting it ;) ) lol, no, I don't hate you for saying that you prefer #1. If I'm honest, I think I prefer #1,it's just that I was somewhat huffy that I'd shot at a higher ISO - I like ISO 100 and ISO 200 where possible, just mu comfort zone, I guess

So many great shots, since last time I dropped in, but I've picked a few favourites to comment on : Thank you

Produce : I can't see why you don't like this one :shrug:
Really fantastic colours and I like the composition - OK so you didn't set it up, but you spotted it and shot it.
My only niggle on this one would be that the primroses at the front look a little overexposed. I'm not sure, I took the shot and I had an idea for what I wanted to do with it and ended up doing something else, just stubborness I think? Maybe one of those shots that could have looked amazing in HDR, but HDR isn't a route that I can go down because it annoys my dodgy visual disturbances.

I love the Cathedral buildings shot and your latest nighttime wandering is the best nighttime shot I've seen from you so far :clap:
I don't know where the purple came from either, but I love it too.
p.s. Thanks for the tip on the starbursts from a couple of weeks back. Not tried it yet, but I'm going to. Thank you. Honestly it's amazing how much we don't see around us, because we stay indoors in the dark. :LOL:

Cat of 9 Tails is just a little bit worrying :LOL: but well executed just the same.
hehe thanks, t was in a museum, I went to a museum with a friend from TP ;)
And the last one that I've picked out to comment on is your week 14 "Shoot".
Another one that I like a lot. The grainy B&W conversion really adds to it.
Thank you. It was a bit of an accident to be honest, again, high ISO and it wasn't something that I could reshoot :bang: so it was a case of making the best of a bad job :LOL: I do confess that I was a little apprehensive being so close to the gentleman shooting, as he was a complete stranger and I'm not very confident with street candids.

OK, todays image, symbolism upon symbolism, I suppose that's what art is all about. Making something incerdibly personal and hurtful into an image of sorts, that means something only to me. The smudges are deliberate btw.

alwayswm.jpg

Another kitty makes it onto the stare theme.

Got the eye nicely in focus and good use of DoF.

Wow!!!!!

Those 50p shots are impressive :notworthy:
I can't believe how much your macro has improved since you started this 365!

That volcano sunset is pretty too . . . just nowhere near as spectacular as the news had me expecting. It was a huge let down here too. I'm just glad that I didn't bother driving anywhere to try to shoot it.

Thank you Sarah Lee. I'm reasonably happy with how I've progressed but could be better lol.

Catching up again, I did some hsots last night but want to reshoot. You know what it's like when you're not feeling too good and don't get the shots you want or you get them but they're just not quite right?

Anyway, 3 to continue with...

strawberrieswm.jpg

strawberrywm.jpg

tulipwm.jpg

A few more....

Peace
peacewm.jpg

Induldge
induldgewm.jpg

he loves me...he loves me not...
helovesmewm.jpg

flowerwm.jpg

carnationwm.jpg

And I know that TP is supposed to be no politics, but, there's a story.
I had to fight for my right to vote. Lack of wheelchair access. 10 minute fight to get access sorted, which was very reluctant on their part. Crap pic, but I was in a fluster, not well and obviously chose dodgy settings. :LOL:

pollingstationwm.jpg

Really really like your polling station shot.

It tells a great story... and the 'polling station' sign really sticks out well with the contrast!

Back