MagicMynx and her 2010 ... no longer a photo a day!

Name
Nattelie
Edit My Images
Yes
Been wanting to do this one for a while, was going to wait for the new year but week 49s challenge kinda pushed me into starting early :LOL:

Yesterday's shot - Music

DSC01938.jpg

todays shot....coming soon!

Last edited:
Ok, can I first say it's an awesome photo for this weeks theme! Beautifully portrayed and well composed :clap: (pardon the pun :D)

But, (yeah, always a but :LOL:) it's just 1 theme per week so make sure you make the thread title something like Magic Mynx and her 52. The 365s are for a photo per day which is awfully hardcore :eek:.

Superb start though (y). And welcome aboard the 52 club!

Edit: As per the other thread, ignore this lunatic here! He's a tad confused at times!

Last edited:
Thanks

Could I not incorperate the theme a week into a 365 - making sure at least one of the 7 shots is the theme shot? :LOL: My theory is, sometimes I really lack the motivation to get my backside into gear and the camera out of the bag when I'm having a rough day, so after about 60 days it'll be a force of habit, thus improving my photography (and keeping the physioterrorist happy! :LOL: )

Yeah, ignore me! I'm just a raving lunatic! I get what you're doing now.

Still an excellent start, and good luck with the adventure!

Great start - looking forward to seeing how your project progresses!

I'm 188 days into mine now and still enjoying it so have fun!! :LOL:

Loving the music one and the cat is cute.

I would like to start a '52' in the new year. Maye I will now......quite fancy taking the 52 and compiling a photobook at the end.......

NEW YEARS DAY will be the start of my 52.:)

And I will be watching yours to make sure you dont slack.:D

Nice start Nattelie!
Very thoughtful composition in the first and nice capture of personality methinks in the second! I really nice the first but it looks a smidge dark on my monitor? I think brightened it would make a great Christmas card!
Very best of luck for your 365! I shall be keeping an eye on the thread (y)

Thanks smoothedit. You've given me a cracking idea for next years cards (y) (only send a handful out each year you see). Hubby plays bass and I play flute. ;) Keep watching, it's inevitable some of his toys will end up in here! :LOL: I should really use the PC more instead of the laptop though, always get a little confussed over the colours as it gets brighter when the laptop is on charge.

Nice pic :D

I think I shall wait till the new year to start mine though :D

Thank you. I'm hoping that my photography improves as it goes along, but I know for sure I'll have a few duff shots throughout my 365 :LOL: That one above, I'm surprisingly quite chuffed with.
As my 365 is nearly up (can't wait), the one thing I have noticed is an improvement in my eye for a shot, plus improvements in other areas like processing. Downside, I've spent a load on camera gear this year. I've also tried to make sure I got out and took a different shot each day and that I've found really hard (and so has my family).

Anyway good luck with yours, don't worry about duff shots, everyone's 365 is has them, impossible to take a National Geographic quality shot each day ;)

Very good start... I was going to suggest that you do a 365, and each image during the week would be to the theme of the 52's, but that's just plain :nuts: I commented on your first shot in the 52 theme thread... Excellent, and much better than what I'd managed for it so far...

Nice shot Nattelie!
Especially like the framing - how you have them both entering and exiting the shot. It gives the picture the sense of movement and regiment. Particularly poignant shbject this week too. Let's hope they all stay safe and get some of the thanks they deserve.
Keep em coming! You are in my daily routine now!

I hope you got him/Her to sign a model release form?!?
Looks a little underexposed to me.
Make sure you give him a catnip reward! Oo and tog the results!
Keep them coming Nattelie!

How many cats will we see over the year?

2 so far!

Thanks. Yeh not that great smoothedit, but I'm a little intoxicated :LOL:
Will probably play in PS tomorrow or later when I'm not quite so tipsy :LOL:

Jordie, I have 3 kitties, 2 toms and a queen. Toms are twins and half breed mainecoons and the queen is a moggie. They usually run when they see me with the camera :LOL:

Bit of a naff one today. Foggy and raining and tried to get a cool shot. Couldn't change lens cause of rain, couldn't get closer cause of wheels and mud. Having a ****** day, was gonna do summit else later but...meh, the world is against me today so guess I'll just stick with this and post a crappy one.

DSC02011.jpg

Still a good attempt considering your problems!

Too right it's an attempt. I bet that must be one of the hardest things about a 365 - getting the energy and drive to go out and get some shots whilst everything such as the weather conspires against you!
Mini hurdle overcome Nattelie!

took this one tonight while I was playing around with crafty stuffs.

First festive one and a bit disappointing, probably would've looked better with a smaller aperture. Macro lens too and have to admit that I'm crap at macro lens shots, whether macro or just close up.

Snowflake confetti and gold coloured tissue paper.

DSC02025.jpg

Nice Nattelie. Good concept.
Would be cool to see the flakes on a more christmassy backing like red or with a bit more bounced light to make the gold pop a bit more?
Keep them coming!

:( Hope it goes away soon. I have heard choc and wine help!?

Look forward to the catchup! (y)

Back