Man killed by exploding E-cigarette

smoking kills

In this case it seems like stupidity kills. He was charging the ecig in the same place he had the oxygen equipment with a charger that he shouldn't have been using.

Myles Platt, MFRS area manager said: "The investigation into the cause of this fire is continuing but at this stage it is thought that the charging device being used at the time may not have been the one supplied with the e-cigarette.

In this case it seems like stupidity kills. He was charging the ecig in the same place he had the oxygen equipment with a charger that he shouldn't have been using.

but stupidity was connected to smoking :) or was it the other way round? :)

Presumably he had COPD. I encounter more people with it that worked in pits or steel works than acquired it through smoking, but enough do that I'll never smoke.

I think the source of the spark is as important as the fuel to be honest. Neither is as relevant as the stupidity of the victim however.

Smoking can harm your health.

I think the source of the spark is as important as the fuel to be honest. Neither is as relevant as the stupidity of the victim however.

It's still incorrect reporting, it should then be
"lithium battery charged with incorrect charger ignites and causes O2 cylinder explosion".

Still not the ecig that exploded.

I have no dog in the fight, I've never smoked, tobacco or ecig...

Can you see the headline when someone charges their camera battery on the wrong charger and it does the same.

Man killed by exploding digital camera!

Last edited:
"lithium battery charged with incorrect charger ignites and causes O2 cylinder explosion".

Still not the ecig that exploded.

This is how I would expect it to be reported. :plus1:

I love the irony:D:D

Still, the poor bugger didn't deserve to die for being a bit of an idiot.

Correct

Unfortunately that headline wouldn't result in the zillions of e-cig users reading it.

Back