weekly Mandy's 2021 TP-52 Challenge Week 0 Theme Nearby Added

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I did a full 52 challenge back in 2014 and made a start in the years 15,16,17,18 and 19 but due to lack of inspiration time and other commitments I found myself struggling and again not going out with the cameras as much as I would of liked to. I am back in 2021 determined to see it through to the end. So much has changed in my life as indeed it has for so many of us out there thanks to covid, I have struggled this year with having been Furloughed back in lockdown 1 and then a change of job as a result. The toughest part of this year has been dealing with my Mums Cancer and my Daughters mental health issues, but somehow I have got through it all mostly on my own. Then something amazing happened back in august I met the most amazing man, so I am no longer on my own and I am ready to get back to my photography and start trying to enjoy life once more. I look forward to the new challenge and a New Year and catching up with some 52 regulars along with some newbies.

My guidelines for this year are as follows.........
  1. Complete the 52 challenge.
  2. Have fun.
  3. No jokers.
  4. Constructive commenting on other people's threads.
  5. Improve my photography.
  6. Get the best out of my camera and lenses.
  7. plenty of outdoor shots.
  8. Improve my indoor shots.
  9. To try new things and go out of my comfort zone now and again.
  10. Improve my PP skills on Lightroom and Photoshop.
So with my intro out the way I will now happily await the first theme for 2021

Themes
Week 0 - Nearby ( Practice week )
Week 1 - Fruit - Technique fill the frame.
Week 2 -
Week 3 -
Week 4 -
Week 5 -
Week 6 -
Week 7 -
Week 8 -
Week 9 -
Week 10 -
Week 11 -
Week 12 -
Week 13 -

Last edited:
You're keen, glad you're having ago again I'm giving 21 ago as well. 19 was the last year I tried as well. Good luck.

Welcome back Mandy, don't forget to give your new man time as well.
Is he interested in Photography?

Pete

Welcome back Mandy, don't forget to give your new man time as well.
Is he interested in Photography?

Pete

No worries on that score I spend plenty of time with him, he’s a mechanic, not a photographer, though he’s happy to learn the basics so I can get some nice pictures of me with my new motorbike. When we are all aloud to go out and play in the way we used to.

Nice start Mandy, (y)
TBH I thought it was a little dark too, and there was a little more detail to be had :)

Yes, too dark. I do that when printing pictures; they look alright on the screen and end up too dark on the print. My poor colour matching I expect.

Last edited:
I quite like both versions there is certainly more detail in the lighter version but the darker on has a spooky feel to it

Hi Mandy, good to see you again.

That some beautiful architecture, and nice light.

Critique! ... it's tight at the bottom of the frame. I'd like to see bench, path, whatever included.

Yes, too dark. I do that when printing pictures; they look alright on the screen and end up too dark on the print. My poor colour matching I expect.
You might find the vast majority have the brightness on there screens far too high, which means your photos end up too dark.
Mines calibrated and the brightness is all the way down at 12/100.

I don't mind either image though, I like the dark moody sky.

The dark version is suitably spooky - but a little off a half way house for me. It's beautifully composed, but either a silhouette style, or the brightened version, might work?

Great sky - very dark and threatening which suits the subject.

Hi Mandy

The Dark shot is more this time of year, I love the detail in the sky.

Pete

Nice start Mandy, (y)
TBH I thought it was a little dark too, and there was a little more detail to be had :)
I actually like the dark look Mandy, it gives a more eerie vibe.
Just needs the addition of some bats ;)
I quite like both versions there is certainly more detail in the lighter version but the darker on has a spooky feel to it
Hi Mandy, good to see you again.

That some beautiful architecture, and nice light.

Critique! ... it's tight at the bottom of the frame. I'd like to see bench, path, whatever included.
You might find the vast majority have the brightness on there screens far too high, which means your photos end up too dark.
Mines calibrated and the brightness is all the way down at 12/100.

I don't mind either image though, I like the dark moody sky.
The dark version is suitably spooky - but a little off a half way house for me. It's beautifully composed, but either a silhouette style, or the brightened version, might work?
Love it Mandy, dark and moody shot, all you need are bats flying round it.
I think both versions work well, there’s a lot of atmosphere in your shot with the moody sky.
I always like to see a church pic. Nice start Mandy.
Great sky - very dark and threatening which suits the subject.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment, means alot.

Back