Marumi Ring Flash

Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone out there have a Sigma 150mm macro lens and a Marumi ring flash ? this lens has a 72mm thread and the largest adapter ring Marumi does is a 67mm do other manufactures adapter rings work ? thanks all

Seems not many use this flash, I wonder howcome since it is a lot cheaper than the Nikon / Canon / Sigma counterpart!

Would anyone who use this flash please give us an insight into the +ve / -ve.

Why can't you just buy a 72mm-67mm stepdown ring, asnd then use the 67mm adapter?

I have a Suntax ringflash (looks like a rebadged Marumi) use it on my Canon 5D and 30D it has TTL metering and the consistency of the flash seems good. Great buy for the money for hobbyist use. May not have the build quality of a dearer model, but the light quality was better than the Sigma ringflash I had for my Nikons.

has anyone forgotton that the reason why noadapter sizes are available is becuase the ring flash would obscure the lens meaning you will get a extreme vignette.

have a look at the sigma EM-140 iirc - its got good reviews of peeps of here. i am saving for one to use on my sigma 150 macro.

has anyone forgotton that the reason why noadapter sizes are available is becuase the ring flash would obscure the lens meaning you will get a extreme vignette.
Not on a cropped body you won't and not very likely to be too bad on a full frame to be honest, 72-67 is only 5mm difference across the diagonal.

have a look at the sigma EM-140 iirc - its got good reviews of peeps of here. i am saving for one to use on my sigma 150 macro.
I had a Sigma EM-140, it is not a ring flash, hence why Sigma gave called it a MACRO FLASH, it has two small flashtubes either side of the lens in a ringflash type holder. A true ringflash is better if you want the ringflash effect.

So what flash is best for Macro shoots then? Ring Flash Or Macro Flash?

Not on a cropped body you won't and not very likely to be too bad on a full frame to be honest, 72-67 is only 5mm difference across the diagonal.

Would the crop make a difference? The crop is of the final image circle but the whole of the front end is still used for light gathering.

Bob

Would the crop make a difference? The crop is of the final image circle but the whole of the front end is still used for light gathering.

Bob

that i would of thought! it will be like haveing the wrong hood on the end of the lens for the focal distance.

Back