Marwell bans scooters

Anyway, I had an experience today when I visited a local animal Park to view a couple of new arrivals. I will say that the children and families I encountered were normal courteous people, but with one glaring exception. I encountered a child (a girl of around five years old) who was literally screaming at the top of her lungs every few seconds for absolutely no reason - I'd heard her from the car park on my way in. It was clearly an ingrained habit. As my visit got underway I encountered this child who let out one of these screams about 5 feet away from me and it was literally agonising, given the decibel and frequency rating. I yelped and clamped my hands over my ears, and one of the parents who saw my reaction gave the child a mild reprimand which the kid totally ignored. I carried on walking but the screaming followed. It was doing my head in. I couldn't see the parents anywhere in sight, so I walked up to the child and gave her a stern glare. She got the message instantly and didn't shriek again. But I spent the rest of my afternoon with a dull pounding pain and a ringing noise in my right ear - which is still giving me discomfort.
Why wasn't she at school, unless she starts this September.

Add yapping dogs to the banning list.

Only zoo that I know of that actually allows dogs is CWP, not seen them in any others.

Terrible isn't it kids out in the open air getting plenty of exercise dashing about on their scooters, should be bloody kept indoors chained to their ps4'S or XB1'S ;)

It's fine in the right place but I personally and many others it seems don't think zoos are

Terrible isn't it kids out in the open air getting plenty of exercise dashing about on their scooters, should be bloody kept indoors chained to their ps4'S or XB1'S ;)

theres a time and a place though - if kids want to dash about on their scooters or run arround screaming thats what the local recreation ground is for. zoos are for looking at/learning about/ photographing animals.

As i said earlier ive no problem if the kid gets excited because he really loves the pygmy hippo, or he saw a snow leoaprd cub or whatever - thats great he's excited about the natural world and getting something out of the zoo....

if he wants to runn arround ignoring the animals while screaming at the top of his lungs however thats not what a zoo is for , the parents have wasted their 18 quid (or whatever) and he's an ill behaved brat who is spoiling other peoples visits and wants ejecting (or tossing into the leopard enclosure) at the first opportunity

I've never bred (one of me running around on this planet is more than enough) so I think I can get away with saying keep them locked up indoors because I find that most of them are annoying little s**** until they have been through the teenage hormones stage :D

Lindsay,
You have my sympathy, hope you are recovering!

Children should be serene and not herd (deliberate spelling, lol).

Back