Massive Dev Timer...

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've never used the Massive Dev Chart app, and contemplating it now. Does anyone use it? Does it allow for modification of times for Rondinax? Need a reduction of 15% to compensate for the continuous rotation...

Yes, you can set up custom processes - dilutions, times, agitation scheme, etc.

Thanks guys... but, £8.99!

Worth every penny. It goes ring-a-ding-ding at each chemical change, and has a wibbly-wobbly dev tank icon to tell you to agitate.

It's not just the custom times - it helps to manage the overall process with far less chance of errors. Beats faffing about with simple timers hands down.

The data from the chart itself is usually OK but not subject to any review for reality. So you may find that while you get a negative it may be thinner, denser, contrastier , flatter, grainier etc. than you want. Usually there is minimal information on the agitation method, duration and frequency. So as they say 'Your milage may vary.' The app itself allows you to set your own custom routines which is where you would need to make the 15% allowance. I did not find the timing system very flexible once you moved from dev to stop and fix where things can be a bit more relaxed and a pause button would have helped. This was on an older version and may have been picked up since. On the whole the app did not really give me anymore than the freely available chart values.

I find it really useful, the ability to work out volumes for different size tanks and the audio reminders are great if you're trying to work on other stuff at the same time. Bearing in mind that you'd have to buy a timer anyway this has everything wrapped up in one neat package. £8.99? Worth every penny ;)

You can use their web site for free just to check the times and make adjustments for temperature and constant rotation. See https://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php?doc=timetemp. Strangely enough the IOS app doesn't have the option to calculate a time for constant rotation so I go to the web site to do that then store the new times as custom settings in the app.

Yes, I use the web site for timings, and they're written down on a scrubby bit of paper that sits in the dev crate (really should get around to putting all that into the computer and printing out a better (less chem-stained!) copy.

For a timer I use the clock app on my phone; first time using the iPhone one, which is a little harder to use than the Android one. I don't have to worry about agitation intervals with a Rondinax, just carry on with a slow wind. TBH I'm not seeing £9 of value so far!

It works for me. If I didnt use it, especially the agitation reminder, I would drift off and forget what I'm doing. I have found it very useful over the 4 or 5 years I've owned it and would not think twice about paying for it again to put on any new tablet.

It works for me. If I didnt use it, especially the agitation reminder, I would drift off and forget what I'm doing. I have found it very useful over the 4 or 5 years I've owned it and would not think twice about paying for it again to put on any new tablet.

Agreed!

Snip:
I have found it very useful over the 4 or 5 years I've owned it and would not think twice about paying for it again to put on any new tablet.

I costs £8.99 and you have to buy a tablet as well? :eek: Blimey, you can forget that then!

;)

Snip:

I costs £8.99 and you have to buy a tablet as well? :eek: Blimey, you can forget that then!

;)

No you take the tablet, the purple ones make you forget.... something or other....:thinking:

To clarify, you don't need to pay again if you change from one device to another - I used to use it on Android and was able to reinstall it on an iPhone without paying.

Good to know, thanks Kevin.(y)

I did not find the timing system very flexible once you moved from dev to stop and fix where things can be a bit more relaxed and a pause button would have helped. This was on an older version and may have been picked up since.
It has that functionality now. Once running, the bottom-left button turns red and says 'stop'. If you press it, the timer stops and the button changes to green and says 'continue'. Press again, and the timer continues with the button going back to red and 'stop'.

Yeah, I use it a lot and its fantastic. As an aside, I paid for it by doing those google survey things on my phone. Took a little while but it saved me the money in the long term

Back