Mawddach Estuary

I'm repeating what I've just written on flickr but that's lovely Kevin, I've been meaning to take a similar shot for ages but haven't got around to it yet.

I remember the first time I saw the view from around here while climbing on the Barmouth Slabs. I was just blown away, it's absolutely stunning and one of the very best in Snowdonia in my opinion.

Dramatic and beautifully rendered!

Beautifully atmospheric shot.
Looks to lean to the right but that's probably illusion :)

Beautiful Kevin, moody sky and lovely lighting. Would it look better with a slight anti-clockwise twist?

Thanks all, I hear you about the level's I have just revisited this at 100% and adjusted but then just makes the LHS look odd epsecially with verticals on the house and I only tilites it a tiny bit, I do recall having camera level with in camera spirit level

As usual Kevin, one word sums this image up "Excellent".(y)

George.

Beautiful capture of one of the most stunning views in Wales IMO
I used to visit it daily when I lived down there! :)
Oh how I miss life living there :(

Hi Phil, Wow that certainly has touched me given you used to visit daily, and LIVVED their, I have been visiting for the past four years but never posted because the light was not I was after, I recall standing there once for 4 hours last year and since then I have upgraded my Gortex Gear ;), PS interested and still waiting for the local expert Jerermy to educate me."DARK"? Come on Jeremy cards on table etc? plwase share.

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
[QUOTE=" PS interested and still waiting for the local expert Jerermy to educate me."DARK"? Come on Jeremy cards on table etc? plwase share.[/QUOTE]

Well I think it's a cracking image and if you like the finished image that's all that matters and you have to appreciate not everyone has calibrated monitors or devices to view it on !

Exactlyl, ps I have have calibrated monitor Phil that only comes into effect if we where sitting in Petes Eats (Llanberis) compairing images off the print.:sneaky:

Last edited:
Pete's Eats Llanberis :)
Has to be one of mine and my sons favourite eating houses!
I have been going there as long as I can remember we holidayed in Wales most years with my family from a very young age.
My son would always ask if we would be going to Pete's for breakfast or lunch.
Pints of tea and Bacon/sausage & egg on doorstep slices of bread.:banana::banana: Happy Days :lock:

It looks very dark to me...... more than just moody!

Are you questioning the exposure Jeremy?, does not look dark to me, how it was on the day against MY eye.

Yes that's right. I know you like acres of black in your images and sometimes it works; they certainly can look very dramatic. To me this does look too dark.

I like the panoramic crop. In my opinion it IS the best of the selection you posted from here.

....awaits storm of disapproval.......

Last edited:
Hi Jeremy thanks for your feedback much appreciated, I'm away this weekend and I hear we have snow in the hills? Wish o was their, just the webcams for my viewing.

We (near Aberystwyth) had some hail last night which left a thin coating of white on some surfaces this morning. Lovely morning; clouding over now. Yes. it's awful when you have to be somewhere and it looks like there are great photo-ops everywhere else. I know the feeling.

I think I've said before about your images: the blacks are often so deep and extensive that it is possible to recognise them from the thumbnails at the top of the home page. That's obviously the look you prefer.

This Mawddach image could be fabulous in my opinion with a little bit more/less (?) processing, though.

Back