McLaren

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
Whilst we have all been enjoying the F1 images in the photosharing section, I thought I'd point out the McLaren F1 website

Some interesting facts and figures as well as images on the site.

Have a look at the McLaren Technology Centre, some of us would love to photograph the building as well as whats in it.

great site, i think the photos you and steve took could easily fit in there, Mypix and Chez and ian would be in with a shout for some of the images too.

The building is very interesting, we have done some work for the architects(Foster and Partners)with our acoustic products but didnt get anything in that building!

Some pretty impressive stuff there although on the whole the photography section is showing stuff that is not mich difference in quality to the photos that some have been displaying here over the last two days.

Gotta love this though...

WindTunnel_800x600.jpg

I have just had a look at the steering wheel in the "interactive section" How the hell do the drivers remember and find time to work that thing throughout the race? :shock: Its a very interesting site with oudles of info on. Thats the next hour of my time gone 8)

This site's great..

There are five lakes at the McLaren Technology Centre, the formal lake at the front of the building and a further series of interconnected ecology lakes. The lake water is used to cool the building. It is pumped through a natural filtration system system of reed beds and a cleansing biotape through to the building’s heat exchangers. Cold water is stored in five cooling buffer vessels located next to the building’s staff restaurant. The water circulates every 48 hours. The use of lake water for cooling purposes has reduced the requirement for cooling towers from seven to two.

All run off water goes through the network of lakes: the rainwater from the roof goes directly into the formal lake while car-parking drainage flows through the reed beds before dissipating into the adjacent River Bourne. The form of the cascade and the affect of the water flow was developed using full size models.

Just goes to show that if money is no object you can have a small water feature thats unique in it's own little way :LOL:

It also brings costs down in the long run. The lakes won't have been that expensive compaired to building and maintaining cooling towers.

Oh, just flick the switch on that fan :D

Steve said:
This site's great..

There are five lakes at the McLaren Technology Centre, the formal lake at the front of the building and a further series of interconnected ecology lakes. The lake water is used to cool the building. It is pumped through a natural filtration system system of reed beds and a cleansing biotape through to the building’s heat exchangers. Cold water is stored in five cooling buffer vessels located next to the building’s staff restaurant. The water circulates every 48 hours. The use of lake water for cooling purposes has reduced the requirement for cooling towers from seven to two.

All run off water goes through the network of lakes: the rainwater from the roof goes directly into the formal lake while car-parking drainage flows through the reed beds before dissipating into the adjacent River Bourne. The form of the cascade and the affect of the water flow was developed using full size models.

Just goes to show that if money is no object you can have a small water feature thats unique in it's own little way :LOL:

If you want a water feature you should have asked, lol

i built this in my back garden the other year 8)

garden_017.jpg

lmfao

MP :wink:

Back