weekly meaks 52 for 2015 - Week 29 - Pale

Mouth - Shot taken this morning after the ones done earlier in the week of cows weren't very exciting and the cats refused to oblige and open their mouths. So found this horse in a field who was very obliging and even kept a bit of grass in its mouth for the photo

Week 10 - Mouth by meaker_5360, on Flickr

That's a catchup and a half!!

I wonder if daffodil man looked at himself in the mirror before he went out and thought "yep. I look amazing". A great character in the midst of normality. Real splash of colour too. Great capture.

Great catch up!
Is it just me, or is that horse smiling? :)

Love crowd shots! Lots happening. Interesting to see the number of mobile phones (4, I can count) and I bet daffodil man is about to answer his! Well, whether he is or not, he certainly makes the shot work. Cheers.

An excellent image for "Crowd", the daffodil man makes it.
Great game too.

Phil

Watery - Nice use of reflections there.
Vetical - Nice vibrant colours, very on theme. So kind of BMW / Mini Advert? It puts me in mind of the car sculptures in America that appeared on Top Gear a few years back.

Nice catch up Chris, of the set the Vertical stands out the most, for me.
Very colourful and and interesting take on the theme (y)

Good catch-up Chris

I find the Crowd shot most interesting.

well done on the catch up :)

I like the watery shot, the reflections are very good.

The crowd shot's good too - the daffodil man makes it

great catch up the vertical and crowd shots are the stand out shot of the bunch (y)

Hi Chris

Vertical.....would love to see the bigger picture here, to see the surrounds cos that's one odd position to park a Mini in :jawdrop::olympus: Wonder if boosting th saturation would make it pop a bit more ?

Mouth...it's got a horse in it so I automatically love it.....the skies a bit of a killer but you've ketp good detail in the darker area's of his muzzle & the grass finishes it off nicely (y)

Crowd....well spotted & focused , he sure stands out in the crowd (y)

Its a nice enough image Chris, but I think I would have preferred to have seen just the head shot,
for "close"
Its a shame that you clipped the tufts too.

Hi Chris, nice image, I do love a red squirrel. I agree with Cobra about clipping the tuts though. It's something I do quite a lot and end up kicking myself about it :)

Machine - A photo of a old bit of rusting farm machinery found on the edge of a field. It was particularly appealing due to the teeth of the it and the fact it was covered in rust.

Week 13 - Machine
by meaker_5360, on Flickr

Reshoot Close Up - Well after the excitement of getting some Red Squirrel shots I deside to do a Close Up reshoot of a well know character who is about to be evicted from our house, due to the kids being to old.

Week 13 Reshoot - Close Up
by meaker_5360, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great catch up.

I like mouth, the perspective works well, pity sh/e isn't smilling :)

Machine is to my liking, nice and abstract with good detail. The colours are wonderful as are the textures. Would also make a nice b&w.

Cheers.

mmmmmm rusty machinery, love it :) wonderful composition too :clap: can't fault your closeup or alphabet ones either. The closeup ain't my cuppa tea but the shot is well executed which is what it's all about :)

great idea for alphabet! Love the rust and teeth on the machinery shot Chris.

Three great catch up shots. I really like the composition of the alphabet shot, but I do hope I don't have to report you to the RSPB (that's the Royal Society for the Protection of Bears!) and that Pooh finds another home :D

Good catch up Chris ... my favourite being the rusty Machine shot. (y)

Nice catch up Chris,
the scrabble for me (y)

Machine - Very nice, I wonder what it is.
Alphabet - Good to see that someone did the Scrabble shot, it would have been odd for it to have been omitted. Intersting that you chose to have the sharpest focus in the mid to bottom right. I think that works though, better than having it too central as there is no obvious single focal point in the shot.

Machine: Might have liked it in gritty B&W better but the rust shows up very well.

Close-up: Never throw out old bears. I suppose it was my mother threw out my teddy from when I was little, but growing up, and I thiknk it would have been worth a small fortune now. It was one of those famous bears with swivel head and limbs.

Alphabet: It certainly is...but I doubt it's a word! :)

Machine.... Fantastic shot for the theme! The colour and the texture of the rust is great.

Close up...please don't throw out the bear!!! (Especially if it Winnie!). Good reshoot though :)

Alphabet....My first thought every week is the Scrabble option. I'm saving it for a week when the theme truly stumps me! :LOL:

Close Up: OOOhhh don't evict him, you should keep for future generation. A timeless classic

Machine: Like how it fills the page and the detail in the rust

Alphabet: No tile left unturned there then. Wondering whether I would have laid tiles out into a letter of the alphabet :thinking:

Hi Chris

machinery......like that ,works well as an abstract with plenty of detail in the rust :clap:

Close up....noooooooo, you should never throw away cuddly toys , especially not bears, they're keepsakes to be passed down through the generations.....rant over :) Like th shot , great focus & again, plenty of detail in the fur (y)

Alphabet....lovely lighting , like the angle & good DOF....nice work mister (y)

Hi Chris,

what is it? I love the texture, the colour and the rust - the aspect is just right to make it aesthetic and intriguing.

Karl

Hi Chris,

what is it? I love the texture, the colour and the rust - the aspect is just right to make it aesthetic and intriguing.

Karl

Its what I would describe as a Harrow that is towed behind a tractor. It alternated between a plain wheel and a wheel with the teeth.

Machine fantastic
Close up it took me a min to get that one I thought it was upside down nose and mouth (its early and my eyes are not what they were) great shot
Alphabet simple but effective
Sound yes totally on theme but that aside its a really great shot love the sky background

Sound....really nice shot. Bang on theme and nicely processed.
I certainly hope you weren't treated to a blast close up!

Back