Medium Format Processing.

:LOL: Yayyy, medium format meeting next week then guys. Should be fun. Mind you, it will probably take most of us about 2 weeks to get them developed and scanned...................be about the end of the month then.

Well, it doesn't pay to rush things does it :bonk:

:LOL: Yayyy, medium format meeting next week then guys. Should be fun. Mind you, it will probably take most of us about 2 weeks to get them developed and scanned...................be about the end of the month then.

Well, it doesn't pay to rush things does it :bonk:

:LOL:

That's why I got the Polaroid Back and fillum ... :D ... instant results and no film wind-on problems ... :naughty:

:p

instant results and no film wind-on problems ... :naughty:

oh that could so come back to bite you. I can't remember what camera you got but most of them can get really out of sync with a pola back on and start doing things in all the wrong order.

My SQ was a total mare to use with the pola film and I remember the first time I tried it, it took about 7 sheets to get something out of it. :LOL:

So....the Weston says f5.6 @ 1/40th....and the digital is almost the same (light levels changing rapidly due to sun/clouds). Sounds as though it is at least still working. :)

They say selenium's have a 10 year life span....:LOL:
It seems they either work pretty good or not at all, they are inaccurate for only a short period in their lifespan, before they are busted completely.
I've never had an issue with this 50 year old thing, but tommorow...is another day:shrug:

oh that could so come back to bite you. I can't remember what camera you got but most of them can get really out of sync with a pola back on and start doing things in all the wrong order.

My SQ was a total mare to use with the pola film and I remember the first time I tried it, it took about 7 sheets to get something out of it. :LOL:

Oh THANK YOU so very much for those words of encouragement Daz ... :nono:

Mammy RB ProSD ... :D

any time my good man. ;):D

Just remember that the camera is not winding on any film so you normally need to make sure it's at the right stage of defcon BEFORE you attach the P/B.

Once you get to know where you are it's fine but it can be a tad confusing when you're not used to these modular mechanical beasties.

Thanx Daz ... (y)

Instructions will be read ... :rules:

And then probably totally ignored ... :eek:

I wouldn't have bought a Mamiya! :LOL:

Mamiya = Medium format at a fraction of the cost of a Hassy, loads of lenses and spares available at very reasonable prices and just plain fun!

Go on then CT what would you have bought?

LOL. I'm just yankin' Ven's chain Ali. The RB 67 is my favourite MF camera of all time. I've loved 'em since I first clapped eyes on one, and I have got an RB 67 Pro S. In fact, I may just buy the factory. :D

This place near where I live does 120 processing :)

£8.50 (may have gone up) for process and scan. Gave a film in yesterday so just wait to see what it comes out like, both shot wise and process wise.

Managed to squeeze one out of my first roll that wasn't underexposed or totally blank.

Loving the thing, the 6x7 format is gorgeous though you definitely need your wits about you and rushing things is not a good idea.

How yoplait is that....Petits Filous

licking the lid of life:p

That really pops Sprog ... (y) ... and the mono touch really works ... :D ... excellent start ... ;)

Thanks guys, it was just a test shot really, to make sure there were no major glitches with the camera. All seems to be o.k. I've been out in 'the field' with it all today and my back is killing me.

Time to soak the old bones I reckon.

Has anyone tried dlab7 for processing? I was ordering film from 7dayshop.com and picked up a voucher for cheap processing whilst I was at it. Just wondered if anyone else has used them.

Well, the Mamiya got an outing today. Little 'un's birthday this weekend so have munched my way through some B&W HP5. I'll try to get it developed tomorrow if I can shift the washing out of the utility room!

Now, what remperature do I need that blooming developer again?

Must go and read the instructions.........several times.............it's been 25 years you know! (Yes I started young you cheeky sods!) :)

Has anyone tried dlab7 for processing? I was ordering film from 7dayshop.com and picked up a voucher for cheap processing whilst I was at it. Just wondered if anyone else has used them.

I get some 120 E-6 done there occasionally. The 20-pack of vouchers from 7dayshop make them very cheap.
The results are always spot on* but things can take a while going to and from guernsey. With customs there's always a small chance that something will just go AWOL, too, so I'd not have anything really important done with them (not that I've had any issues with ~50 rolls).

*They pay attention when they cut & sleeve. I've given them all sorts of weird stuff with very hard to see & very thin frame boundaries that aren't at all standard and they've been spot on. They have seperate sleeves for really long stuff like panos so they don't just try to shoehorn your film into a normal 120 sleeve.

tl ; dr ~ they do a great job at a great price but their location makes them slow & potentially unreliable.

Cheers Hoodi. just got to finish the roll off and I'll get it sent to them.

I have a medium format camera and when I got mine developed at Klick, it only cost me £5.99 for two 120 film!
Apart from it took two weeks to come back to me! Though I got some great shots; however, I need a light meter- anyone know where I could get a good one cheap?

Have a look for Weston Masters on ebay. Failing that some of the second hand dealers in the mags.

Good luck!

I purchased my old Weston Master 5 from Ffordes pretty reasonably priced and it works great and is simple to use ... :cautious: ... once you get the manual ... :D

Back