Medium Format

Peak imaging is a good reliable lab. Usually very quick too.

Apart from 3 rolls of Kodachrome to Switzerland, I've never sent a roll of film off to be processed in my life, I just can't be arsed with the faff.
I just drop off at the lab and pick up next time I'm passing.
If there wasn't a lab, I just wouldn't shoot colour....probably

.....not that I do anyway, but hypothetical like :)

gone are the days when you could get 120 processed on any street corner I know but I like that engagement with my lab

Apart from 3 rolls of Kodachrome to Switzerland, I've never sent a roll of film off to be processed in my life, I just can't be arsed with the faff.
I just drop off at the lab and pick up next time I'm passing.
If there wasn't a lab, I just wouldn't shoot colour....probably

.....not that I do anyway, but hypothetical like :)

gone are the days when you could get 120 processed on any street corner I know but I like that engagement with my lab

Where do you drop off to now?

CCimaging

Living in "Yorkshire", doesn't necessarily indicate that Leeds is local, like I'm not sure I'd make a trip from say Selby, but I'm in Leeds every day so its easy.

I wouldn't worry about sending it off. I send 95% of mine away to good labs.

For others, I develop myself or take the rolls to Snappy Snaps.

There's no one way. Do what is best for you and the results you're aiming to achieve.

CCimaging

Living in "Yorkshire", doesn't necessarily indicate that Leeds is local, like I'm not sure I'd make a trip from say Selby, but I'm in Leeds every day so its easy.

I'm fairly close to Leeds. I'll check them out!

I wouldn't worry about sending it off. I send 95% of mine away to good labs.

For others, I develop myself or take the rolls to Snappy Snaps.

There's no one way. Do what is best for you and the results you're aiming to achieve.

I think I'll send off my first couple and then re-evaluate the options

My nearest lab that develops 120 C41 is about 4 miles from my house, and I actually used to drive past it on the way to work each day so it was ideal. I only used them once though, as the first roll I gave them came back rolled up in an empty 35mm film canister, not even in a bag or anything, just the negs rolled up poking out the top. Now I just post it off- it costs slightly more but at least when I get my negs back I don't want to throttle the lab owner

Usually 3 days if I remember correctly.

Peak took an average of 3.9 days from posting to doormat for me... very good service.

I think I'm as excited as you are now.

I've been having a sweepstake with my mate from uni. Based on my general adapting time to new cameras and my inability to preview shots, we've been guessing at the number of keepers from 24. I went for 3. He went for 6.

Both were higher than my keeper rate when I first started with a camera!!

I have ordered 5 rolls of acros and have 4 rolls of portra left!

I have my friends daughter coming round (photography student) to help/play with the Bronica/d800/lencarta lights.

Also have a couple of neighbours (one male & one female coming to help). And also my daughters' swimming instructor.

I have a really clear idea as to how/ what I want to shoot. Just wish I had a spare back for the Bronica to interchange between films!

Last edited:
no local shops have one in at the mo!!

Have you emailed or called these shops? Many have much more inventory than they can possibly ever hope to post online. You could also consider a classifieds ad. Bronica backs aren't rare, fortunately.

Have you emailed or called these shops? Many have much more inventory than they can possibly ever hope to post online. You could also consider a classifieds ad. Bronica backs aren't rare, fortunately.

Ah. Hadn't thought of that! Thank you!

I've never taken the back off my ETRs mid roll.....say you were at no 8, when you take the back off and put it back on, would the counter be at 8?
Well this bit could be in the dumbass thread :rolleyes: but I'm sure the counter said 8 (could be wrong glasses) anyway I took the back off (with the slide in) for some reason which I have forgotten :rolleyes: and went out to take some shots but it wouldn't fire (yeh I had taken the slide out), looked at the counter and it said "S" WTF. At home put the back in a changing bag and there was no film in it :banghead:....well either I read the counter wrong (when it said 8) OR how did the counter get to 8 in the first place with no film in it.

Last edited:
I've never taken the back off my ETRs mid roll.....say you were at no 8, when you take the back off and put it back on, would the counter be at 8?
Well this bit could be in the dumbass thread :rolleyes: but I'm sure the counter said 8 (could be wrong glasses) anyway I took the back off (with the slide in) for some reason which I have forgotten :rolleyes: and went out to take some shots but it wouldn't fire (yeh I had taken the slide out), looked at the counter and it said "S" WTF. At home put the back in a changing bag and there was no film in it :banghead:....well either I read the counter wrong (when it said 8) OR how did the counter get to 8 in the first place with no film in it.
Some counters will move on if you're dry firing the camera.

Some counters will move on if you're dry firing the camera.

Some counters do move without film (e.g., Hasselblad), but Bronicas don't, so it's likely just a case of misreading the counter in this instance.

Unless the back is faulty...

Last edited:
Well found an old test film and as said:- the counter will stay as it is set.....so Nick got it in one i.e. my eyes are faulty :rolleyes:

Anyway I have 3 boxes of Fuji Pro 400H exp 2007 (and no I didn't get them from the bootie ;)) and want to see if it's still alright, and also test some lenses...well because of Asda's cheap prices have neglected MF.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Woo hoo! Get them posted then, we're all nearly as excited as you are.

Back