Merry Christmas one and all.

Agreed. Wishing you all the best. And a big thankyou to those of you that have helped with my queries over the year.

A merry Christmas to all; and I'm sure all those with stashes of sloe gin will be merrier than most!

:jaffa:

:film:

How everyone had a great Xmas and gets some nice new camera gear from Santa

Have to great day tomorrow everyone.:hug:

Yes, Merry Christmas everyone. I haven't touched a camera for several days, but I'm surprisingly happy nevertheless. Could be due to having daughter, son, daughter-in-law and two young grandchildren visiting (mostly the latter, probably) Another daughter due tomorrow. The place is really going to seem empty next week!

Best wishes to all - been a great year for me getting back into film photography thanks to everyone on this part of the forum.

Lets hope to see lots of photographic toys added to this thread over the next couple of days :)

Merry Xmas all and as usual will be taking shots of the family erm well they would be decent shots if my digi brainwashed grand daughter and grandson co-operate. o_O

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all from me, looking forward to another fun film fotography year next year :)

I am sure tomorrow will be better than yesterday ... yesterday I fell down a muddy bank with my Intrepid 4x5 in a backpack and, as welll as twisting my knee, broke the Intrepid. It was inside a cushioned laptop case inside the backpack, but I guess there's not much hope for plywood when the force of an overweight man is applied. A substantial tripod clamp was attached to the camera which may have exacerbated the situation.

Looking on the bright side, I did stop before the edge of the cliff ...

If only this had happened about three months ago I would have had time to arrange a new camera as a Xmas present !

Anyway, Merry Xmas to you all.

have a great crimbo and new years guys and gals. I am spending tomorrow in operating theatres:eek: (working not a patient) . you would think I am old enough not to volunteer but a colleague is having family round for Christmas dinner and I was free-ish so took the emergency call out off her. o well should get me some good karma-maybe:D hopefully wont take to long before I can get home.

Merry Christmas!

Now let me ask all of you something: for an unpredictable series of events tomorrow I will be alone and I was thinking to spend some time enjoyg London without anyone around. Any ideas where I can take full advantage of the situation? Thanks!

Merry Christmas!

Now let me ask all of you something: for an unpredictable series of events tomorrow I will be alone and I was thinking to spend some time enjoyg London without anyone around. Any ideas where I can take full advantage of the situation? Thanks!

Get a hire bike and cycle along the empty streets? Attend a Christmas service at one of the cathedrals? Walk around the deserted parks? Find a pub that's open at lunchtime?! Start camping out for the Boxing Day sales? :)

Merry Christmas!

I am sure tomorrow will be better than yesterday ... yesterday I fell down a muddy bank with my Intrepid 4x5 in a backpack and, as welll as twisting my knee, broke the Intrepid. It was inside a cushioned laptop case inside the backpack, but I guess there's not much hope for plywood when the force of an overweight man is applied. A substantial tripod clamp was attached to the camera which may have exacerbated the situation.

Looking on the bright side, I did stop before the edge of the cliff ...

If only this had happened about three months ago I would have had time to arrange a new camera as a Xmas present !

Anyway, Merry Xmas to you all.

Oh Kevin, that IS bad news. Is the Intrepid modular, ie can be fixed in some way? Hope you have a good Christmas nevertheless...

Happy festive season everyone :)

:nikon::canon::pentax::film::olympus::ty:

( sheep talk ) + ( little black and white striped sweet ),,,,,,,well someone had to say it didn't they .apart from that ,I look forward to seeing some new faces in a few weeks along with some of the old ,,,of course I don't mean old as in old ,I mean as in ive seen them before and look forward to seeing them again .

happy Christmas everyone

Despite my previous post - I'm not a complete grinch this holiday period - despite only having the minimum stat. holidays off from the soul crushing day job.

My apologies for going a complete year or more without posting a single new image - if it's any consolation I've barely taken enough dijikal frames to have troubled a roll of 135 either...

But, even though actually taking photo's has become a rare occurrence, i'm not planning on going anywhere (sorry folks, you're stuck with me) - and i'll be spending most of my off-duty time on TP in this haven of relative calm (if not exactly sanity...)

Have a great Christmas folks - eat, drink, be merry, and keep taking the pictures :)

Happy Christmas all, and thanks to TP and you all for getting me back into this hobby, even if you have caused me to spend a fair bit of dosh achieving ambitions (Pentax LX, ETRS, D500, 150-600c...).

Happy shooting for next year

Happy Christmas all, and thanks to TP and you all for getting me back into this hobby, even if you have caused me to spend a fair bit of dosh achieving ambitions (Pentax LX, ETRS, D500, 150-600c...).

Happy shooting for next year

Nice :cool:

My biggest negs to date are 6x7 , Not thought of anything bigger " YET " :thinking:

Onward and upward (in negative size) is a good motto for the new year :D

Have a great Christmas everyone.

GC

yesterday I fell down a muddy bank with my Intrepid 4x5 in a backpack and, as welll as twisting my knee, broke the Intrepid

Kevin that is seriously bad news and one of the worst nightmares for any photographer.:(

If you now ( presumably) have no LF (5x4) kit then I can pack and send you a Wista 45 to keep you going until you get sorted with a replacement.

Being the metal version, it's considerably heavier than the intrepid ( 3kg ) and is knocking on in years with a GG that is past its best ( I was recently looking at replacements!), but it works!
You can keep it for an ** unlimited length of time as I have other LF outfits to use.

All I need is a full name and postal address from you and I'll have it packed and posted ( possibly tomorrow as I beleive the P.O here will be open)

It will cost you nothing except the return postage

Putting aside your serious misfortune, I hope that your Christmas day has been a more pleasurable experience.

** Unlimited within reason! Say several months;)

Merry Christmas everyone :) We’ve just finished our Christmas dinner and am now settling down in front of the telly for the traditional post dinner nap. Hope you all have a grand day and receive some interesting gifts. I got a comfy pair of fur lined suede moccasin slippers that I love, which makes me sound about 30 years older than I am :D

Back