Meteor shower

Starlink passed overhead here too

Reactions: mex
Starlink looks a bit spooky to me.
Aprantly in a few years there could be 50.000 of those things when other companies start launching them.
It makes you wonder what the military use is for them, I was watching them tonight thinking that all the money spent can't be just for internet access in remote parts of the world. There's more to it than that.
Didn't see any meteor's though.

They were probably a mile or so apart and in a straight line, I could see probably a dozen at a time from where I was.
I imagine if your high up with no buildings or trees around you then you will see more at once.
If it's a clear sky just look straight up you can't miss them if they are there.

SSW to NNE. With any luck there will be a few shooting stars/meteor storm again afterwards.

Did not see a thing?

Nor me, and the sky was clear. I checked the Heavens Above website and Starlink should have been visible. Must have been a thin veil of cloud or similar across the track.

Not surprised - 99% of the time that there is a forecast of something "special" to be seen in the heavens it is either obscured or less spectacular than billed.
I am sorry that Patrick Moore is no longer with us. Listening to him was always better than looking up at the sky. :D

Better show tonight here.

I'll be looking again around 10.34 :)

Nothing at 1004

We saw 26 satellites last night between 9 and 9:30, no shooting stars or meteorites though.

I saw two of the Starlink satellites, they looked like 2 aircraft tracking acrtoss the horizon together. 1004 tonight in the west apparently.

Anyone see the meteors? I saw 5 over about 2 hours. only one in a photo and that was in a corner.

The earlier time is for a new batch launching.
May be visible over the UK around 8.40.

Wher have you got the time of 20.37 from? Is that for Starlink 7? I have the time of 21.34 for Starlink 5,6!

Sorry, only just saw this!

Starlink 7 successfully launched and has just passed over us.

Starlink 6 should be along in about 35 mins.

Too cloudy here....

Clear here .... but I only saw one satellite ... and a shooting star bonus!

Nothing here either :(

looking at the satellite tracker there's a row of 10 virtually passing over my house at 3:07am, could be worth a try, I've gotten up a stupid o'clock for less.

2 nights of nothing in Bracknell. Might plan my daily exercise to a local high point

Tonight looks quite promising again, it looks to pass very close indeed.

I’ve also just realised you can move the map around, that’s really going to help with directions

40 satellites at 9:12pm

Last edited:
Clear skies over Bracknell last night but nothing

Attachments

• F6A32CCA-C953-492F-BFB1-F5452F910075.jpeg
    F6A32CCA-C953-492F-BFB1-F5452F910075.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 14
Back