weekly Michael23, A 4th 52 wk project 2014, finished!

I liken this take and would agree Mr Lego would be amazed how much people have done with Lego.

Looks a little warm :thinking:

I like the inclusion of the shadow in this one.

Cheers.

Hi Michael

Not so sure of this but then I never had lego ! I like the shadow but it feels a little cramped ,DOF you've already mentioned...maybe a slighty different angle could help ?

Hey Michael :)

A nice fun shot, took me a second or two to get the link.... too much chocolate and snacks messing with my brain :D

Ha ha, a turkey with a top hat - very extravagant :D

"what do you think of it so far?"

That's a very amusing image it does look a bit warm in colour but it has put a smile on my face.

Thanks all, the warmth is probably influenced by the colour of my wall, (copper canyon by crown) It's a character with quite a bit of potential, a little but more space would work.

Hiya Michael

Extravagent: I'm hardly one to complain about crowbars in this particular week :) I like the idea and agree with the reasoning... it is amazing what people come up with (the same could be said for the 52: who'da thunk it that a lego bird would feature in an "extravagent" theme! :) ) Exposure maybe a tiny touch under for me and I'd personally like the DOF to cover the entire subject, but understand why you/others would disagree. I see there's another comment re: WB and I do agree that the white eye looks a touch off-white, but that's not a biggie for me (I'm always forgetting to sort my WB!). The shadow I actually really like - I think it adds and doesn't need to be entirely in frame for me. I like the light falling on the background - nicely lit and not just another 100% plain/boring single tone. I'm not sure the shadow under the subject really does it as many favours as the shadow on the wall - at least for me - so I'd probably have stuck it on a stand or something. But it doesn't detract enough to bother me really. A good shot and a very interesting/novel take on the theme ;)

Support: cracking image and I say that as someone who has absolutely no interest in trains! I love the support structure which is just insane :) But as a image it's the positioning of the train, the lovely curves of the tracks and the fab heat haze above the engine which really make it for me. I reckon a bit of high contrast BW would work well, especially with some selective colour on just the train... I think it's a really really good image and superbly on theme. What a cracking end to your 52 - well done! :banana::clap:

Hiya Michael

Extravagent: I'm hardly one to complain about crowbars in this particular week :) I like the idea and agree with the reasoning... it is amazing what people come up with (the same could be said for the 52: who'da thunk it that a lego bird would feature in an "extravagent" theme! :) ) Exposure maybe a tiny touch under for me and I'd personally like the DOF to cover the entire subject, but understand why you/others would disagree. I see there's another comment re: WB and I do agree that the white eye looks a touch off-white, but that's not a biggie for me (I'm always forgetting to sort my WB!). The shadow I actually really like - I think it adds and doesn't need to be entirely in frame for me. I like the light falling on the background - nicely lit and not just another 100% plain/boring single tone. I'm not sure the shadow under the subject really does it as many favours as the shadow on the wall - at least for me - so I'd probably have stuck it on a stand or something. But it doesn't detract enough to bother me really. A good shot and a very interesting/novel take on the theme ;)

Support: cracking image and I say that as someone who has absolutely no interest in trains! I love the support structure which is just insane :) But as a image it's the positioning of the train, the lovely curves of the tracks and the fab heat haze above the engine which really make it for me. I reckon a bit of high contrast BW would work well, especially with some selective colour on just the train... I think it's a really really good image and superbly on theme. What a cracking end to your 52 - well done! :banana::clap:

Thanks Paul, great feedback there. I hadn't noticed the eye of the turkey, it does look a little warm, As said it's a great piece of lego and I might well do some more pictures at some point.
Support, the electrified lines are immense in some places, certainly give some interesting images. I tried b+w but couldn't find anything which suited it, might also have a bit more of a play with selective colour, will post to flickr if I do so. Thanks again.

Hi, Michael, nice lateral thinking and these really work for me. The longer focal length has really compressed the supports.

Good finish, see ya next year :)

Cheers.

Well done Michael, I like trains :) and think these are 2 cracking shots (y) I'm undecided, love the low sun light in the 2nd but the tracks in the 1st really draw me in :thinking:.........if I had to choose it would be the 2nd (y)

Happy New year, atb for 2015 :)

I don't dislike trains just never shown an interest ... but these images are interesting Michael.

If I'm to choose I'm going for #1 with the sunlight in the BG

Congrats :clap:

Hi Michael

You sure love your trains .....I like the 1st shot for the curve in the lines though I'd be tempted to crop fro the right & take the train slightly more off centre . The 2nd I like for the compactness & the color of the train against the girders & metal work (y)

Congrats on completing your 4th....see you in 2015 to do it all over again & have just as much fun :clap:

wishing you & yours a wonderful New Year (y)

Extravagant - Love the lego chicken. Even the use of the shadow adds to the image. Colours also compliment nicely.

Support - Ending on train shots. Not like you LOL. These are both very busy is terms of all the gantries and railway tracks but this works in their favour. Anyway #2 is my favourite of the two due to the shape of the lines in the foreground plus the side lighting

Well done for finishing the year Michael :clap:

Two great shots to end the year on :clap: My preference is for the variation in light and colours of #1, but I think it just needs a tad of ccw rotation to straighten the horizontal lines - otherwise a super image.

Back