weekly Michael23, A 4th 52 wk project 2014, finished!

& another looney to the slaughter......:D

Gets addictive this lark...look forward to following your thread again mister (y)

Hi Michael
Can only agree with whats been said a few niggles with the SC
good to see you back

Not a fan of selective colouring - but a good warm up :)

Thanks Sarah :)

Are you sure you haven't uploaded the same one?

The LH still has some red in the white. Anyway, I'll move on.

Cheers.

It is different, but I see the bit you mean, I used the smart brush to bring the colour back on the centre of the wrapper, had I gone purely for the lettering it wouldn't have come through.

Nice idea. I'm a fan of selective colouring and it works for me. Good luck for 2014!

:ty:

I'm not a fan of SC either, just my personal taste though. I like the composition, the lighting is good too.

Hi Michael

as you possibly remember I'm a sucker for SC.....good solid start , couple of slight misses on the edit but it's a fiddly thing to get spot on when done on a large area let alone the small area's you chose....nowt like making life simple :D

Here is one for linear, had to crank the iso upto 6400 to get a hand holdable shutter speed, wish I had the tripod with me! Had to crop the top part of the image out as the rest of the building wasn't reflecting the lights and it just looked odd and a blue!

So, for the moment this is this weeks photo, it may or may not stay that way! Looks much better on flickr!

Week 1, Linear
by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Really like this, it must've been a superb sunset to produce that lighting.

I love the colours but I may have been tempted to shoot without the fence for a cleaner image.

Hi, plenty of lines in there and I do like the rich golden colour.

I think it would work bettwe without the lamp post and the dark box in the lower right.

Looks a tad soft...remember your tripod next time ;)

Cheers.

Great colour as said (y)

I'm not a lover of square crops but, cropped to the top of the fence and clone out the lamp post, might just work with this image :)

Hi Michael, the building looks excellent really good light but the fence and whatever is in the bottom right are spoiling it for me,
I would have isolated just a few windows

It looks like fire on foil (y)

I think it would look better without the van and the light post but we can't have everything.

Hi Michael,

4th year running, that's just mad!! :p

Lines - I think the building itself works really well with the theme and I like the colours, but personally not a huge fan of the railing or the lamp.

Back