weekly Michael23, A 4th 52 wk project 2014, finished!

Hi Michael, second for me too though the conversion a little off maybe needs a bit more exposure :thinking:
not really sure I get the connection either

Love the light trails for smooth, hopefully not driving at the same time. really nice and smooth, and I wouldnt have guessed unless you;d said.

Spiders web is cool too, nice shallow DOF and great colours. I would have guessed a colour gradient underneath and then blended through in ppost, but all natural is even better. (y)

the 2 B&W's do nothing for me. A lot of busyness, but lacking a real interesting subject to want to hold your attention.

As meatloaf said, Two out of Three ain;t bad. :D

Hi Michael

I agree with the others ... nice web, amazing colours.

I really quite like the candid people pics but I have a major crit: the couple in the FG of #1 and half dozen in the FG of #2 have their feet missing! That helps to give the effect of - as Lynne says - no clear focal point.

Last edited:
Hi Michael

I agree with the others ... nice web, amazing colours.

I really quite like the candid people pics but I have a major crit: the couple in the FG of #1 and half dozen in the FG of #2 have their feet missing! That helps to give the effect of - as Lynne says - no clear focal point.

Thanks David, feet missing is something I should have noticed that at the time, I shall remember next time, plus a slightly wider focal length might have helped too.

Hey Michael :)

Smooth - Oooo very interesting, very nice effect, I actually like it, looks very metallic :)

Attached - Oh Yes, that is a cracking image, DoF just in the right place for me, fantastic colours, liking how you got the black background it really sets it off... a very good idea mate (y)

Energy - Hmmmm not sure what you were getting at there mate, sorry :D

Round - A great PoV there Michael, really liking the use of SC here and the slatty bits of the building on the LH side contrasting against the evenly dull sky, works really well mate (y)

Round >>> nice image, clean & sharp, selective colouring works well. I never understood why portrait orientation pics look so small on this (and other ) sites. Full size is serious heavy metal.

That pops! very vibrant colours there - really like it.

Hi, nice use of selective colour and an interesting angle

Round - I love the pov on this image, and certainly fits the theme and a good use of sc as well.

Round, like this one. Nice extreme POV and the empty sky, for once, was a benefit.

Cheers.

Hey Michael :)

Smooth - Oooo very interesting, very nice effect, I actually like it, looks very metallic :)

Attached - Oh Yes, that is a cracking image, DoF just in the right place for me, fantastic colours, liking how you got the black background it really sets it off... a very good idea mate (y)

Energy - Hmmmm not sure what you were getting at there mate, sorry :D

Round - A great PoV there Michael, really liking the use of SC here and the slatty bits of the building on the LH side contrasting against the evenly dull sky, works really well mate (y)

Round >>> nice image, clean & sharp, selective colouring works well. I never understood why portrait orientation pics look so small on this (and other ) sites. Full size is serious heavy metal.

Thanks all, much appreciated! Now I really can't believe there is only 2 weeks left to the 2014 finish line!

Hi Michael, yep, works for me too, composition, pov, as mentioned, the sign really pops (y)

Hi Michael - that's a cracker (round)... really effective and appropriate use of SC. I like the central composition of the subject which is really strengthened with the side of the building on the left.

Really nicely done - everyone's having a cracking end to this year's 52! (y)

HI Michael

Love your image for Round....perfect use of SC , great POV & really sharp.....think it's one of your best this year :clap:

Hi Michael, yep, works for me too, composition, pov, as mentioned, the sign really pops (y)

Hi Michael - that's a cracker (round)... really effective and appropriate use of SC. I like the central composition of the subject which is really strengthened with the side of the building on the left.

Really nicely done - everyone's having a cracking end to this year's 52! (y)

Hi Michael ....I love this one ....great point of view and the colour is superb against the dark building and sky.

HI Michael

Love your image for Round....perfect use of SC , great POV & really sharp.....think it's one of your best this year :clap:

Thanks all, and Lynne,I agree it is probably my fave out of this years 52 themes.

Now nonsense, to get this one out of the way, an image which will no doubt have marmite status :D

nonsense also means rubbish right?

Week 50, Nonsense by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Yep, that's rubbish alright! :whistle:

I mean in the wagon, not the image :D

Composition works well on a busy street, (y)....not sure if you've noticed, but the woman's jeans leg, at the back of the wagon, has managed to get onto your selective colouring :p

Hi Michael, i thought this was for round on first view as in bin round, how wrong you can be

when did Chris Moyles start doing the bins :thinking: better suited to that than being on the radio I feel

as mentioned above the selective colour has missed the girls jeans cant say I would have noticed until phil said, interesting take on the theme (y)

Yep, that's rubbish alright! :whistle:

I mean in the wagon, not the image :D

Composition works well on a busy street, (y)....not sure if you've noticed, but the woman's jeans leg, at the back of the wagon, has managed to get onto your selective colouring :p

Hi Michael, i thought this was for round on first view as in bin round, how wrong you can be

when did Chris Moyles start doing the bins :thinking: better suited to that than being on the radio I feel

as mentioned above the selective colour has missed the girls jeans cant say I would have noticed until phil said, interesting take on the theme (y)

Thanks both, I had missed that stray bit of colour!, thanks for pointing it out.

I see woman's right knee selectively coloured, a no-nonsense woman with bag the size of a rubbish bin obstructing busy binman.

Quite like it. I'd crop the people out of the LHS and a tad off the top and bottom.

The look on the woman's face is great, it's like she's thinking, 'How dare you walk in front of me!'.

Cheers.

I see woman's right knee selectively coloured, a no-nonsense woman with bag the size of a rubbish bin obstructing busy binman.

Quite like it. I'd crop the people out of the LHS and a tad off the top and bottom.

The look on the woman's face is great, it's like she's thinking, 'How dare you walk in front of me!'.

Cheers.

I like it and think it fits the bill nicely for a rather tricky theme.

Well the Sc certainly helps the nonsense element to a busy high street, can't quite tell if this is a couiple of shots or just the one, either way does seem an odd time to be doing it :)

Thanks all, I will do another edit if I get chance.

Hiya Michael... I'm struggling a bit with this one if I'm honest. It's a good picture, you've done something interesting with it, but I'm just failing to get it "to work" for me. Sorry, as I can't even really say why... but it just feels a bit strained - as if you had an image and wanted to get it into the theme. Which I'm certain wasn't the case as it's not exactly a "stock" type photo!! Still, technicals are good :)

Hiya Michael... I'm struggling a bit with this one if I'm honest. It's a good picture, you've done something interesting with it, but I'm just failing to get it "to work" for me. Sorry, as I can't even really say why... but it just feels a bit strained - as if you had an image and wanted to get it into the theme. Which I'm certain wasn't the case as it's not exactly a "stock" type photo!! Still, technicals are good :)

No worries Paul, we were walking down the street and I just said now there's a picture for nonsense! The idea popped in to my head rather quickly, which not happened very often this year.

I liken this take and would agree Mr Lego would be amazed how much people have done with Lego.

Looks a little warm :thinking:

I like the inclusion of the shadow in this one.

Cheers.

Ha ha, a turkey with a top hat - very extravagant :D

Back