Milky Way over Exmoor

Hi Kev I like it. Only tried this once and never thouhgt of a pano like you have here that would have worked well with mine as I couldnt get much of it in from my location.
Did you not strugggle with any stars moving or did you keep the shutter below a certain point ?

Gaz

Very good photo and I like the vertical pano idea but as you say I imagine PP is a bit of a pain

I like it. I like the fact that you can just about see the tree but it isn't too distracting to take your eye away from the sky

I think the sky is great Kev, but wondering why there is a camera on a tripod at bottom left? It might be a pain to clone out, but I think it would improve the final result.

Thank you all

Gaz - you will see a little trailing at 100% but as long as you (for me) use the 500 rule or less everything is good

sirch - i got the idea from lonleyspec. Having been used to 10mm on a 7D and 16mm on a 5Diii the Samyang 24mm 1.4 really cuts down FOV hence the 3 shots. I am sure PP will get easier with time.

mike - thats what I was aiming for, cheers

webby - a bit of planning and good old fashioned luck for the weather, its a really relaxing way to take photos. Well providing its not on a work night!!!

Peter - Think your right, I was hoping to have left that corner just dark enough for people not to spot it

Love this, heading that way soon and this is exactly what im hoping to see, if I come home with anything nearly as good as this I'll be absolutely chuffed!

I'd be happy with that pp, Kev. My monitor (or my eyes) could be well out but I did not notice the tripod and camera until Peter mentioned it but that is a great shot.

Can you give some details of the settings and what you did in pp?

Dave

Very convincing imagery, Kev!

Love this, heading that way soon and this is exactly what im hoping to see, if I come home with anything nearly as good as this I'll be absolutely chuffed!

Thank you, hope you get lucky and would like to see your shots.

I'd be happy with that pp, Kev. My monitor (or my eyes) could be well out but I did not notice the tripod and camera until Peter mentioned it but that is a great shot.

Can you give some details of the settings and what you did in pp?

Dave

If I remember correctly ISO1200, f1.4, 24mm and 15ish seconds

As for PP www.lonleyspec.com was the most helpful site.

Back