Mirrorless suggestion with Best Out of camera JPEG's and easy focus selection/ image quality?

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
Currently I use my pixel phone for photos as I'm yet to find a camera that can beat it in good light for what I'm doing with 0 post-processing from my side, but I need to as the pixel isn't perfect in other things and slows me down due to the non-swappable batteries.

Here are 2 sets of photos taken with pixel and a very decent Nikon + very decent Prime lens..
imgur.com/a/eY4kAig

The images are taken at the same time/in the same good light, the images with pixel are very sharp , everything in good focus, the colours are very pleasing and I like the images very much. with the dslr they are just meh...I know my skills aren't top-tier, but I realize in photography the way the photos are processed is much more important than the sensor itself, I'm looking for a camera that can do it the best and get the best result with its own processing.
Both are straight out of camera JPEG's on auto.

I DO NOT have the time required to post-process 1000/pictures day when pixel does it on auto and gives great result instantly with no faff involved or wresting with a dslr to get it to focus on the item I exactly want when the pixel does it with a simple touch on a screen.
I want to find a camera that can perform like my google pixel phone or even better, but it would be an actual camera with swappable batteries!

Also I DO NOT want the crazy Bokeh thing in my pictures some like so much, I need a camera to which I can tell easily to get in focus lots of objects at the same time (like in those pictures I posted as I mostly shoot pictures like that with lots of objects that all need to be in good focus/detail)

I heard the Fujis get good JPEG's straight out of the cameras?
I see the x-t100 is super super cheap , fairly new model ,touchscreen for focusing and has more or less the same image quality as much more expensive x-t2/x-t3 ? I have no idea about the images you can get from them tho on auto as I have never had Fuji cameras and I just heard about that model an hour ago.

Can anyone suggest me something that would fit my needs?
Is there anything much better than the x-t100?
I have had sony a6000 and a5100 , while on paper they look good in reality they are just like a dslr- plain looking /Meh... photos straight out of the camera if you don't post-process them.

I do not have a budget, as I use the thing everyday and if it will save me time it will pay off it itself.
The x-t100 happens to have all those features, but also is very cheap so that's a bonus I guess.

If your looking for JPEGS out of the camera I'd go Fuji personally, I've never had anything from Nikon or Sony that seemed great in JPEG these things need some post processing!
The XT-100 is meant to be a very capable camera and well priced and certainly better than your phone.

Photography is not for you. Stick with your phone.
I agree to some extent with Tommy in that I think you're setting yourself up for a fall. My iPhone 8 can produce images that are technically as good as many "cameras". If you're not getting good images from the equipment you have you're doing something wrong and you will probably get more pleasure from figuring out what that is than spending money on a different camera.

What in heavens name are you taking a 1000 photos of a day with a phone?
Stick to the phone gets my vote too

Get a charging brick so you can charge your phone on the move.

Sorted

Or pick up another Pixel if you're happy with it. That way you have double the battery life and a backup.

Dslrs are bulky, mirrorless less so but most have problems with battery life, your best bet is a compact camera with a spare battery. If you have the money a Sony rx100

I would look at the Fuju X-T2/20/3/30 or X-E2, the X-T100 is a notch below and uses different technology.

I would look at the Fuju X-T2/20/3/30 or X-E2, the X-T100 is a notch below and uses different technology.

If my experiences are anything to go by 1000 shots is about 3 batteries worth, I reckoned on approx 350 a battery

1000 shots a day. 1 shot every 1 minute and 26 secs for 24 hours?

If you rattle them off, you can get that from one battery, I got 900 (RAW+JPG) at Oulton Park and @mickledore got over 1200 shooting JPG, but that was all shot in about 90 mins!

I was thinking more of a wandering about day, tend to leave my camera sleeping and have to admit i'm not overly battery conscious

What in heavens name are you taking a 1000 photos of a day with a phone?
Stick to the phone gets my vote too
Lots of different product shots in more or less burst mode as have to sometimes go through 30-40 items a day, taking various exposures and showcasing them.. Yeah adds up to a lot.. Than of course you have to upload them/sort them/ choose the best... the pixel isn't as reliable as a DSLR as getting the perfect exposure every time hence having to do multiple photos of same thing.So Hoping I won't need to take 1k+ shots a day anymore , But it beats the cameras I have tried so far in pure image look on auto.

Anyway I just ordered a new Fuji XT-30 as got a nice deal on it through my sources.

Anyway I just ordered a new Fuji XT-30 as got a nice deal on it through my sources.

About as good as you can get for the money, the Fuji 18-55 2.8-4 kit lens is great too and has stabilization

That should be a nice tool. Learn to use it though - one of the things that was 'obvious' from the pictures you posted is that you knew how to use your phone but not the DSLR. Don't expect to be able to match, let alone better, the images you get with your phone at first: it will take time and practice.

If you rattle them off, you can get that from one battery, I got 900 (RAW+JPG) at Oulton Park and @mickledore got over 1200 shooting JPG, but that was all shot in about 90 mins!

Sorry, only just seen this. Not on here much these days - can't seem to see through the blizzard of snowflakes:eek:(Wouldn't have seen this if I'd not had a PM about a meet up!)

Yes I got over 1200 jpegs on one fully charged battery. A lot on continuous shooting. Was a bit longer than 90 minutes! It was a brand new battery, but I've had similar performances several times at Oulton Park with assorted batteries.

The secret seems to be to not bother chomping every shot. From 1200 I knew I would have a decent set of keepers so didn't waste battery time examining in detail every image.

I usually go with a guy using 5D3. He shoots RAW and examines every shot - even continuous ones. He does use at least 2 and sometimes three batteries.

Back