Mojacar sombrero's

Sorry but they're not doing much for me.

They are sombrillas not sombreros by the way.

Thanks for looking Ricardo, what did you not like about the pics? All feedback is much appreciated. I knew as soon as I had posted the thread that I had used sombrerros instead of sombrillas, couldn't edit the post to correct it.

Last edited:
A couple of suggestions:

1. As someone mentioned, images usually look better with a straight horizon
2. In the first image the sun is still quite high in the sky so as not to get the beautiful colours of a sunset / sunrise. In this instance i would expose for the sky (maybe underexpose it to darken the colours) and let the sombrillas turn to silhouette
3. I like the thought behind number 2. You are just lacking good light / colourful sky. However, this is quite difficult to get in Mojacar. I have been many times and find the best images taken are those whereby subjects are silhouetted. See below. These are the only ones i have on the hosting site. I have many more examples on my ext hard drive. However, hopefully they will give you food for thought. Both from Mojacar beach

Beach sunrise by Alan Stokes, on Flickr

Beach sunrise by Alan Stokes, on Flickr

Thanks folks, love the pics ams99, here's a silhouette taken a few minutes earlier, I am aware there is a lot of sky and I will see what I can do to rectify that another day,please feel free to comment

IMG_6697 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back