North England Monthly Leeds (and local meets) thoughts thread.

Sorry chaps, I know I'm changing the subject a bit here, but the last time I watch any boxing Muhammad Ali was called Cassius Clay :) Someone explain that to Rob :p

Been up Cumbria again this weekend, around the Langdales and had a walk to Cathedral Cave. If we go back up for another meet I'd say its worth a look (y)

Its free :banana: and open to just wonder in. Although I managed a quick photo with just Lynn in the shot, it was fairly busy but if we were to call later in the day I imagine it would be empty. Its about 10 minutes walk from Little Langdale, parking's tight but manageable, especially if we had a quick pint in the pub :D

Cathedral Cave

Cathedral Cave, Little Langdale by Phil Dyson, on Flickr
Woah that looks amazing! Great shot Phil... and my house was called Langdale in high school. I was Captain of course ;)

Sorry chaps, I know I'm changing the subject a bit here, but the last time I watch any boxing Muhammad Ali was called Cassius Clay :) Someone explain that to Rob :p

Been up Cumbria again this weekend, around the Langdales and had a walk to Cathedral Cave. If we go back up for another meet I'd say its worth a look (y)

Its free :banana: and open to just wonder in. Although I managed a quick photo with just Lynn in the shot, it was fairly busy but if we were to call later in the day I imagine it would be empty. Its about 10 minutes walk from Little Langdale, parking's tight but manageable, especially if we had a quick pint in the pub :D

Cathedral Cave

Cathedral Cave, Little Langdale by Phil Dyson, on Flickr
We have to put this on the must visit list.

Woah that looks amazing! Great shot Phil... and my house was called Langdale in high school. I was Captain of course ;)

Thanks Tim :) the cave certainly looked to have loads of potential, biggest problem was it being so busy when we went in.

There's actually people stood at the back of the massive pillar and people were walking up behind me wanting to get in :D If we could visit when it was quiet some light painting and wire wool would look good :)

Edit for spelling mistake, should have read 'quiet'
shakehead.gif
:D

Last edited:
Thanks Tim :) the cave certainly looked to have loads of potential, biggest problem was it being so busy when we went in.

There's actually people stood at the back of the massive pillar and people were walking up behind me wanting to get in :D If we could visit when it was quite some light painting and wire wool would look good :)
I'm thinking early morning or late afternoon light... and smoke bombs :)

Are you coming on the September meet rob? Would be an ideal opportunity to get your camera out ;-)

Depends on what the plan is tim, hopefully will be able to make it should i not have other plans. I will have my camera out in dublin though :D

Last edited:
Same here, daughters birthday party on Saturday and have plans for the evening.
Might nip out for sunset on Sunday if I get chance.

Super moon and lunar eclipse with blood red moon Sunday night Rich, should be interesting, only trouble is the eclipse is between 3am and 4.30am!......on the plus side, the moon rises around sunset so maybe some good opportunities to be had early on :)

Super moon and lunar eclipse with blood red moon Sunday night Rich, should be interesting, only trouble is the eclipse is between 3am and 4.30am!......on the plus side, the moon rises around sunset so maybe some good opportunities to be had early on :)
I'm keen to meet on Sunday for sunset. Don't tell phil @Phil-D though he is a sunset jinx :p

St Aidens possibly?

I'm keen to meet on Sunday for sunset. Don't tell phil @Phil-D though he is a sunset jinx :p

St Aidens possibly?

Did you see the sky last night........it was beautiful, but only for a couple of minutes...........did you get a photo! :p

[emoji23][emoji23] haha no worries was just a quick thought

I missed the sky last night. Got some nice sunset shots on Saturday at Ardsley reservoir.

I didn't get one either last night :LOL:......sunset was nice though Saturday, I was over at Flamborough, nothing special but I did get a shot looking over Brid.

I didn't get one either last night :LOL:......sunset was nice though Saturday, I was over at Flamborough, nothing special but I did get a shot looking over Brid.
Have you uploaded it to flickr? I need to upload some shots to flickr.

Can't do this weekend, except Sunday night after 18.00, as I have the kids. I think I'm going to take them over to the Yorkshire Air Show on Saturday though with the long lens.

Eeeeek, a friend of Jackie's has just asked if I can photograph an evening event next Saturday....I said yes :help:

Should be no problem for you Andy, going by the quality of your shots on the forums.(y)

Last edited:
Anyone got any interest in this?

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/free-studio-hire-in-bradford-in-january.609996/

I didn't think it would have been my thing, but I've been having a go at very basic flash/OCF, not overly successful, but its been something different :)

Could do it as a group meet? Possibly, would love to do some studio stuff

I would be up for coming along for a play if the dates good.........if ya'll don't mind :)

Why don't we all post January availability ??

Back