North England Monthly Leeds (and local meets) thoughts thread.

I'm fairly free in January at the moment Phil, Mondays/Thursdays for evenings and weekends of 9/10th or 23rd/24th (including Friday night) are good for me.

Do you have any thoughts for a model/models? Or are we just going to photograph each other?

This offer is for Monday - Friday, during normal working hours.

We're happy to donate our facilities, but only during our normal working hours.

We've gotta get one of these for some nighttime togging :)

Embedding text went a bit wrong :thinking:

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="1" data-href="/uniladmag/videos/vb.146505212039213/2010070875682628/?type=3"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite=" View: https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/videos/2010070875682628/
"><a href=" View: https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/videos/2010070875682628/
">Roman Candle Minigun</a><p>Don&#039;t try this at home, kids... via ViralHog</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/">UNILAD</a> on Wednesday, 6 January 2016</blockquote></div></div>

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1452366060.874231.jpg

Been to the church today. 2-0 win onwards and upwards. :D was in Bremner suite

Morning chaps, I'm thinking of going to Ladybower on Saturday to do the plugholes under starlight, light painted by the moon :).........well its sounds good in theory :D

Thinking of getting there in the afternoon, maybe sunset, a couple in the blue hour, pub for some tea, then take a few with a stary sky, orbs, wire wool?? As owt with me, this could change, but looking at the forecast, I can't see why it should............Anyone else fancy it?

Morning chaps, I'm thinking of going to Ladybower on Saturday to do the plugholes under starlight, light painted by the moon :).........well its sounds good in theory :D

Thinking of getting there in the afternoon, maybe sunset, a couple in the blue hour, pub for some tea, then take a few with a stary sky, orbs, wire wool?? As owt with me, this could change, but looking at the forecast, I can't see why it should............Anyone else fancy it?

Gonna miss this one. Already have plans to go to York with Jackie and Isabelle. Enjoy.

Cheers.

Have fun Phil! Sorry, won't be able to make it, got a six hour drive tomorrow and will be spending the weekend catching up on decorating :(

Got plans dude, but its snowing now should make some nice photos

Things have changed in the forecast already
shakehead.gif
....its now looking like Sunday is the better day, certainly less windy, if any, which is what I was hoping.....lets just say I'm looking at going over the weekend :D

Can't do Saturday but Sunday could be tempting - I could only leave here at 18.00 so I'd be getting there around 19.00 I think. Would have to head back by 22.00 at the latest too really to get some sleep before work!

Can't do Saturday but Sunday could be tempting - I could only leave here at 18.00 so I'd be getting there around 19.00 I think. Would have to head back by 22.00 at the latest too really to get some sleep before work!

Morning Dan, I did think you weren't free this weekend. The weathers changed again mate, looks like Sunday could be cloudy now :banghead: Thing is, I don't want to trail down if conditions aren't perfect. I've nothing definite.......think I'll just let the weather decide. If I don't go tomorrow and Sunday looks promising, I'll let you know :)

Nice one. Good day out that was.

I can't make this weekend for Ladybower. @Phil-D
Hope you have a productive visit and the weather plays nice.

It doesn't look like I'll be going either Tim, snowing here at the moment, has been since about 5, nowt heavy but a good covering, forecast for tomorrow down there is cloud :rolleyes:. Tuesday is the next promising looking day........fingers crossed :)

Yeah I have a decent covering of snow here. I'm thinking the moors might be interesting for a quick trip tomorrow!

Don't forget to take ya long lens Dan! :)

Decent covering of snow on my cameras yesterday afternoon walking back through Manchester SC Docks area. Last few photos I took were towards Ancoats and they were covered in stripes! Quite a bit on the ground here but it looks very wet. Go out and look for somewhere more interesting...or stay in and have another coffee?

Don't think there's any danger of me seeing a SEO Phil!

Just been up for a couple of hours Dan, where were ya matey???, the owls were 'performing' well :D....nothing close but all three showed for the full couple of hours I was up there.....heavy crop, which is a shame, but I like this one........tell Dave I want to borrow his D810 and 500 prime :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Short-eared Owl in Flight by Phil D, on Flickr

Just been up for a couple of hours Dan, where were ya matey???, the owls were 'performing' well :D....nothing close but all three showed for the full couple of hours I was up there.....heavy crop, which is a shame, but I like this one........tell Dave I want to borrow his D810 and 500 prime :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Short-eared Owl in Flight by Phil D, on Flickr

Stunning work Phil! That's a real beauty!

Thanks Tim @TimmyG , as much as I'm happy with the 150-500 sigma on mi D7000, I can't help but look at better cameras and lenses, the IQ is 10x's better .........I just can't bring miself around to justifying spending that amount of money
shakehead.gif
:D

Thanks Tim @TimmyG , as much as I'm happy with the 150-500 sigma on mi D7000, I can't help but look at better cameras and lenses, the IQ is 10x's better .........I just can't bring miself around to justifying spending that amount of money
shakehead.gif
:D
I all honesty, I don't think the more expensive equipment would make that much difference here. It looks like the light was pretty good, especially with all that reflecting snow. I think the only issue is when you look closely at the image, and that's because of the significant crop. Viewed as this size it looks great anyway. I think you just need to figure out how to get closer ;)

I think you just need to figure out how to get closer

I'm quite stealthy and done my fare share of hunting.........but I'm open to any ideas Tim :p :D

I was stood with a chap off here (TP) last summer. We were watching a pair of Long-eared Owls that I'd introduced him to, they were breeding local to me, just up on the moors. A pair of roe deer ran through the field we were in, at the same time we both upped us cameras and started clicking away.

We got the exact same images and I mean exact, a couple were identical. The deer were about 150yrds away, the images, when cropped on his D810 and Nikon 500 f4 were amazing, the IQ really did look 10x's better than mine..............but with 7 grands worth of equipment, they needed to be 10x's better as well :D

I'm quite stealthy and done my fare share of hunting.........but I'm open to any ideas Tim
Ha ha, sorry I can't help you there. You know my usual subject is much smaller and easier to get close to ;) Your field craft will be far superior to mine, but have you thought about investing in one of these?

but with 7 grands worth of equipment, they needed to be 10x's better as well
Yeah at that price it better had be! I keep buying lottery tickets...

Had my first Flickr Explore this morning.....

Rich, noticed you've commented on your image that it 'briefly made Explore' and 'you hope your next will be there longer'

I'm a bit confused, I thought once an image had made Explore it stayed in the group, just like any other group, is that not right?

Rich, noticed you've commented on your image that it 'briefly made Explore' and 'you hope your next will be there longer'

I'm a bit confused, I thought once an image had made Explore it stayed in the group, just like any other group, is that not right?

I'm not sure Phil, I thought the 500 "chosen" Explored images changed constantly and those with less interest dropped out and are replaced with more interesting images? I didn't even know there was an "explored group"???? I keep getting follows and favourites so I guess it's still on show somewhere other than my Flickr page?? I don't really know how it all works if I'm honest, like I said I only knew something when my phone started going berserk with the notifications and someone had commented "well done on the explore"...

I didn't even know there was an "explored group"????

Actually Rich you could be right, I bet there isn't and it works like you've said

I've had a couple in the last 6 months, the 2nd, mi kestrel, did a lot better than mi 1st, which was a light trail over Rakewood Viaduct, M62. I wouldn't have know either had been Explored if it hadn't been for the sudden influx of hits :D

I'm not sure Phil, I thought the 500 "chosen" Explored images changed constantly and those with less interest dropped out and are replaced with more interesting images? I didn't even know there was an "explored group"???? I keep getting follows and favourites so I guess it's still on show somewhere other than my Flickr page?? I don't really know how it all works if I'm honest, like I said I only knew something when my phone started going berserk with the notifications and someone had commented "well done on the explore"...

check what groups its in, the inexplore group should be on the list dude

Cheers Adrian @Buck but unless I'm missing sumot ( which I could be :D) I'm still a bit lost as to how Explore works? I know that 500 photos are picked every 24hrs but how long do they stay there, does it go on the popularity of the image?

:)

They like to keep explore a secret but I understand it constantly changes and as photos become popular (nobody knows the exact formula except Flickr!) then it knocks other photos off.
Some can stay in explore for the duration whereas some will only be in there a short time as they are "knocked off". Does that make (more) sense?

Back