North England Monthly Leeds (and local meets) thoughts thread.

:)

They like to keep explore a secret but I understand it constantly changes and as photos become popular (nobody knows the exact formula except Flickr!) then it knocks other photos off.
Some can stay in explore for the duration whereas some will only be in there a short time as they are "knocked off". Does that make (more) sense?

Did you say that very loud..........and........sloooooooooowly like you would to an old person Adrian :p :D

Yes, that makes more sense and something I didn't know,:ty: :D

Of course, anything I can do to help you in your ageing years :p:p

Anyways, I've yet to get a photo in explore and somebody told me that if you put your watermark / name on them you massively reduce your chance of it being explored - who knows!!?? :snaphappy:

Of course, anything I can do to help you in your ageing years :p:p

Anyways, I've yet to get a photo in explore and somebody told me that if you put your watermark / name on them you massively reduce your chance of it being explored - who knows!!?? :snaphappy:

Analysis of the photos suggests that watermarks reduce the likelyhood of selection as does inclusion in multiple groups (the more groups it's in the less chance of selection).
It also reported that certain people seemed to get a higher than expected number of repeats.
The best way to get included was to have a flurry of activity associated with an image - conversely, deliberate attempts to get activity usually results in exclusion as the selection weeds out obviously promoted images.
Something else believed to help is regular uploading of limited numbers of photos - presumably the assumption is that if you upload one photo it is likely to be good but if you upload 100 you are just dumping camera content.

As most of my images are in private albums and I rarely tell anybody about them I don't think I need worry about maintaining my anonymity.

I've just had a quick Google and it tells me that a certain amount of the 500 pick are just randomly generated regardless of anything else........so just luck or unlucky, which ever suits :)

Guys, I'm in the early stages of arranging to hire a local studio for (hopefully) some male/female model shoots. Before I go further, would there be much interest? Would work out at between 10&20£pp depending on numbers for 4-5 hours hire on a Friday night or Saturday morning. Includes all lights/props/etc etc. Would need to find models and mua so maybe a little extra cost here but will try and get models tfi.
Let me know if you're keen and I'll advance looking into it.
Looking around April/may time.

.................. for 4-5 hours hire on a Friday night or Saturday morning.

Time would be against me Rich so though I'm keen to have a bash at studio type photography I'll keep my eyes open for something local.

You can count me in if a Friday night . Another option if we can find somewhere to use I can bring my lights etc for all to have a play with. I don't get a lot of chance to get them out due to space or lack of it at home .

Guys, I'm in the early stages of arranging to hire a local studio for (hopefully) some male/female model shoots. Before I go further, would there be much interest? Would work out at between 10&20£pp depending on numbers for 4-5 hours hire on a Friday night or Saturday morning. Includes all lights/props/etc etc. Would need to find models and mua so maybe a little extra cost here but will try and get models tfi.
Think I will struggle around that time. Will keep an eye on the thread.

I have contacts in regards to females willing to model or males even haha...as for MUA i also know a few ;) as for a saturday morning id only be able to attend if i have it off work, with plenty of time a shift swap can be arranged though.

What are everyones thoughts on a trip to Spurn Point in April?

There is a decent campsite very close to the sea that I've stopped at a few times.

Obviously it's weather permitting.

Thoughts??

Cheers.

I'd be up for that :)

NMA?

I've got a free weekend this weekend so I'm thinking of getting away somewhere, weather looks good for sunset in several locations Saturday night. I'm undecided where yet though.

NMA?

I've got a free weekend this weekend so I'm thinking of getting away somewhere, weather looks good for sunset in several locations Saturday night. I'm undecided where yet though.

National Memorial A......? Burton on Trent area I think. Andy has been before, I've not but want to. Can't do this weekend though unfortunately, been away the last few weeks and weekends so it's a rare weekend at home for me....

Jackie is gong away next weekend for a week or so, so I can't make this weekend. 23 April is earliest I can make it.

Cheers.

It has Rob, I'd be ok spending a few hours somewhere, anyone fancy a evening meet at Temple Newsham?

Cheers

Aye that would be nice bit of light painting or something or a sunset. If you let me know a day hopefully can come along

Sunset was beautiful last night ................and no, I wasn't out with mi camera! :)

I'd like to an evening near Leeds too.

There are plenty of owls to shoot (no guns!) over near Phil and I that I've been out to a few times now and they show fairly consistently - there are sunset opportunities there too.

I was thinking about another trip over to Flamborough/Whitby maybe next month when bird breeding season is well underway as Rich, Rob and I did last year.

Dan

Flamborough is a must in the next few weeks for me, nearly went this last weekend but the forecast of sea mist and 12 degs put me off..........so went to Cotswold Water Park, glorious sun and 26 degs instead :D

Flamborough is a must in the next few weeks for me, nearly went this last weekend but the forecast of sea mist and 12 degs put me off..........so went to Cotswold Water Park, glorious sun and 26 degs instead :D
I'm up for trip to Flamborough would be weekend after next for me. Was thinking flamborough in the morning and heading north to get to whitby for around 6 stopping along the way at various places. Then boggle hole.

I have the saturday the weekend of bank hol off 28 i think?

Back