more from the hedgerow

Ah well just look at that focus on these critters, really good shots, all of them, well done.

I agree the ants are great, the others I would prefer to see more of the body.

I can never get that close to ants - well done m8

Paul.

Thanks - I have about a 3 inch working distance so it's not too tricky

Ah well just look at that focus on these critters, really good shots, all of them, well done.

Thanks

I agree the ants are great, the others I would prefer to see more of the body.

I had the raynox on with an extension tube so my mission was to get some close ups, that ants work nicely at that DOF, but I do have full body shots of the shield bugs and sawfly caterpillars in my twitter feed if you're interested.

Thanks

Mike

I had the raynox on with an extension tube so my mission was to get some close ups, that ants work nicely at that DOF, but I do have full body shots of the shield bugs and sawfly caterpillars in my twitter feed if you're interested.

Thanks

Mike
Twitter or Flickr? It is always a problem having the right lens combination. I often use 2 cameras with a Canon 60mm and 65mm lens. In Colombia this worked well (when the Canon 65mm was working it had problems) once I got a large caterpillar and a small springtail one after the other (neither I have posted yet due to number of images. In order to pay for the extra camera I am trying to not eat chocolate for a year).

Last edited:
Twitter or Flickr? It is always a problem having the right lens combination. I often use 2 cameras with a Canon 60mm and 65mm lens. In Colombia this worked well (when the Canon 65mm was working it had problems) once I got a large caterpillar and a small springtail one after the other (neither I have posted yet due to number of images. In order to pay for the extra camera I am trying to not eat chocolate for a year).

Flickr! Autocorrect must've kicked in, seems I write twitter feed more often than I thought on my phone.

The only thing I could sacrifice for another camera is malt whiskey. And that aint happening!

M

Back